Chapter 7

Gray and Keisha were leaned up against their cars facing each other. Keisha had her arms crossed over her chest while Gray had his hands by his side staring down at his feet. 
"I was waiting for it to happen" Keisha smiled at him. "You would treat her good, if you weren't such an idiot" this made him roll his eyes. "She's liked you since elementery school, but you were too stupid to see it" she rolled her eyes. "Cole knows, I think he's just too scared to admit it" Keisha shrugged. 
"So you ditched her because you found out about us?" Gray asked still confused. 
"Because Chelsea is going to do everything she can for everyone else, to make everyone else's life easier, why do you think it took her so long to tell me" Keisha explained. 
"We all owe her time to figure out exactly what she wants" Keisha shrugged. "She needs time" Keisha added. "And as her bestfriend I'm going to give her as much time as she needs" she forced a smile. 
"You're a really good friend Keisha" Gray called moving to the driver's side door and opening it wide, she just smiled in response. "Cole likes that in a girl" Gray called with a chuckle. Keisha stood with her mouth wide open staring at him as he drove down the street.

As Gray pulled into the McFarlane's driveway he spotted the familiar Range Rover, the Dodge Viper and a Rolls Royce. 
Gray made his way inside and heard voices coming from the kitchen. A familiar giggle that could make his knees weak floated through the house. When Gray entered the room, he spotted Chelsea giggling by the kitchen table with Owen beside her, Chelsea's face had more colour and she looked happy. Owen still had bruises across his face but he looked okay. Cole stood by his mother glaring at the couple and a young lady stood leaning against a counter talking to Sussanne. The lady looked quite young and had a bright smile on her face. 
"Gray come meet everyone!" Sussanne waved him over. 
"Gray this is Rebecca, Owen's mother and you must know Owen?" she asked raising her eybrow at him and squeezing his shoulder really tight. 
"Yeah of course, I heard about what happened" Gray nodded. Sussanne cleared her throat. 
"Yeah and I'm sorry about what happened, especially to your car" Gray added. 
"It's just a car" Owen shrugged. Gray spotted Chelsea's hand sitting on Owen's when he mentioned the car and it made his blood boil. Gray couldn't imagine what was going on in Cole's head. 

"Why don't you kids go show Owen around" Sussanne suggested. Cole shared a look with Gray but he shook his head in response. Gray refused to hurt Chelsea again, she meant everything to him, as a friend or more. Chelsea began to lead Owen upstairs and the boys followed close behind, Cole keeping an eye on the physical contact shared. 
"Why don't you guys go make out with some cheerleaders, I'll show Owen around" Chelsea rolled her eyes at the two following close behind. 
"Mom said all of us" Cole shrugged. 
"Like you do anything that mom says" Chelsea shrugged, pulling Owen into the big theatre room. 
"I don't like this" Cole mumbled to Gray quietly. 
"I know buddy" Gray sighed patting him on the back. Gray agreed with Cole, he hated the idea of Chelsea and Owen. But he had to let her make her own choices. 
"So Owen what's your favourite class?" Cole asked running his hand over railing of the staircase as he glided down them. Before he reached the bottom he stopped suddenly right in front of Owen who was trailing close behind. "Oh damn sorry, you wouldn't know yet" Cole sighed hitting his forehead with his palm as if it had slipped his mind. A loud thud made Cole groan in pain. Chelsea had kicked him in the back of the leg making him fall forward. 
"What happened?" Sussanne asked as she followed the noise with Rebecca following close behind. 
"Cole fell, the clutz" Chelsea shrugged. As Chelsea made her way down the stairs she stepped on Cole's back to follow after her mother making Cole groan in pain. 
"Oops" she said sarcastically throwing the finger up behind her as she trailed closely after her mom. Gray couldn't help but smile at Chelsea's attitude, she may only be 5'5 but that girl could take down a bull if she really wanted to. 

As the group sat down for dinner Sussanne sat on the end of the table as the host, followed by Rebecca, Owen and then Chelsea. On the opposite end of the table Cole glared daggers at Owen all while Chelsea and Gray avoided each others glances. The conversation was quiet between the kids but Rebecca and Sussanne were hitting it off, Sussanne talked about fashion week and her business and Rebecca listened loving the stories Cole, Gray and Chelsea had heard a million times. Dinner quickly finished and Owen and Chelsea headed outside in the garden. While the boys went upstairs to play video games. 

Chelsea and Owen walked in silence to the large pool. The water silently moved with the wind. 
"It went better then I thought" Owen awkwardly chuckled. Chelsea just nodded. 
"Are you okay?" Owen asked. 
"My brother and Gray are horrible" Chelsea sighed. 
"Gray's like your brother to, right?" Owen asked. 
"Gray is Cole's best friend" Chelsea shrugged as if the topic of Gray didn't bother her. 
"But that's it, right?" Owen asked. Chelsea sat there for a minute, her throat dry. 
"Yeah" she lied. 
Owen was happy with the answer and wrapped his arm around Chelsea's shoulder pulling her closer.