eight

𝚍𝚊𝚣𝚣𝚕𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚖

-🍀-

renjun munched quietly on his sandwich and jeno just sat there awkwardly. they had only met today, so it was really awkward.

the two boys sat under a big tree in the school courtyard, since not many people ate lunch outside. there was a cool breeze in the air and the sun shone brightly on the blue blanket we call the sky, there wasn't a cloud in sight.

"w-why do you like to paint?" jeno asked renjun.

renjun thought it was cute that jeno wanted to make conversation with him. would he ever admit it? no.

"dunno. i just like art. it came to me naturally. i don't just paint, i can draw, sing, dance and act. well i'm not that good at acting yet, but i'm working on it."

jeno gasped. how was this small boy full of talent?

"wow, i can only dance and kind of sing and rap," jeno mumbled. 

renjun giggled, making jeno look up. 'his laugh is so adorable,' jeno thought. he blushed at the thought and immediately diverted his eyes to the grass they sat on.

"well, since you asked me question, let me ask you one," renjun smiled, "why are you trying to find this 'rj' person?"

jeno looked at renjun and smiled, "because she sends me small painting of flowers and a note with 'em. it might sound weird, but i have feelings for her, whoever she might be."

jeno looked aimlessly at the blue sky, happily thinking of who the girl might be.

"she?" renjun question, "jeno it's 2020, stop being uncultured, it might be a he," renjun playfully shoved jeno's arm.

"i-i hope it's not- i mean there's n-nothing wrong with b-being gay, but i just don't swing th-that way," jeno flailed his arms in front of him, his face red from embarrassment.

renjun laughed at him, but inside his heart was hurting. he knew he didn't have a chance with jeno, because like he said, he was straight. renjun respected him, but at times he wished he were gay.

"i'm playing jeno. but for real, it might be a guy."

jeno nodded slowly, thinking about if it were a guy who sent him the love notes.

"well, have you gotten close to finding out who it might be?"

"yea, i know their name started with ren and has a 'j' in their name. they're in my gym class, too."

renjun let out a believable gasp, "no wonder you thought it was me. i was even painting a flower," he laughed, but mostly at jeno and how oblivious he was.

"exactly. i really thought it was you, but i know that you're not in my gym class," jeno pointed out.

he was wrong.

renjun was in his class, but as a teacher assistant. he was usually running errands, and if not, sitting under the bleachers away from the noisy world. he was kind of glad jeno hadn't noticed him

-🍀-

*aHEM* JENO IS LITERALLY TALENT KING I ONLY SAID THAT HE WAS LESS TALENTED FOR THE BOOK, HE IS LITERALLY PICASSO

thank you for coming t my TED talk :)