- love - mw

mike lay in his basement, daydreaming about y/n, his crush for as long as he could remember

"should i ask her out?" mike muttered to himself. "no, that could mess up our whole friendship, she is my best friend after all."

mike sighed in annoyance.

"maybe, i'll hint that i like her. " mike started pacing. "yeah, i'll call her. i'll call her now and ask if she wants to hang out."

mike walked to the phone and dialed y/n's number that he remembered off by heart.

after a few rings, y/n answered.

"ahoy." she spoke into the phone.

"ahoy back to you, matey." mike subconsciously smiled.

"mike!" she said happily. "so, what's up?"

"i just wanted to ask if you wanted to hang out or something." mike fiddled with the phone wire, a habit he had recently discovered while talking to y/n.

"shit, i'm sorry, mike. i've already made plans with lucas." you say, sympathetically.

mike wasn't the only one who liked you, lucas did too.

"o-oh, that's totally fine." mike mentally slapped himself for sounding like an idiot.

"but, do you want to hang out tomorrow? i'll even let you sleepover." you offered.

mike's heart skipped a bit when you said that.

"yes! i mean yeah, cool." mike actually physical slapped himself for sounding like a dingus.

"sweet, well, i'll see you tomorrow then, wheeler." you said.

"yeah, totally. i'll call you when i'm on my way tomorrow." mike smiled.

"yeah, cool." You responded.

"bye, i love you."

mike's heart nearly exploded.

"shit!" he mouthed.

you were silent for a few seconds.

"in which way?" you ask slowly.

"uhh, in that way. shit, i'm sorry, i've messed everything up." mike regretted saying anything to you.

the line went silent.

you had hung up.

"fuck. shit. fuck. shit." mike paced around the room.

tears welled up in his eyes.

"i've losed my best friend." mike angrily wiped his tears. "i'm so fucking stupid."

a knock sounded on the basement door, making mike's head shoot up.

he wiped his tears and opened the door.

it was y/n.

"i'm so sorry, for hanging up." she apologised. "i freaked out."

"no, it's my fault. i shouldn't have said what i did." mike said quietly.

"no, i'm glad that you said that." y/n walked closer towards mike, closer than they had ever been.

y/n put her hand on mike's cheek.

"i love you too." y/n put her lips on his.

they were softer than she ever imagined.

they reluctantly pulled away.

"wait, really?" mike was currently in a bit of a daze.

"really." she nodded her head.

"i honestly thought that you loved lucas." mike sheepishly responded.

"really? just because i was hanging out with him doesn't mean that i like him." y/n nudges mike.

"damn, i feel like an idiot." mike sighed.

"well, i can assure you that you are not an idiot." y/n holds onto his hand.

they stared into each other's eyes before mike speaks up.

"can we kiss again?"