Winter

Look at him. Look at him! LOOK AT HIM AND TELL ME HE AIN'T CUTE!!!

Oh man. Thank you SOOOOOO much, Dally, for Stephen and for helping me form this story. Man, I don't even think a thousand thank yous are enough.

Heh. It just goes to show I'm THAT big of a Stephen fan.

Back to the story, I just googled one thing and one thing led to another question and I'm not too sure WHEN it took place and google wouldn't tell me about the other thing so here I am being upset at my favorite search engine, google, and here I am ranting to you about it. Let's move on.

><><><

"Jessie?"

"Yeah, Steph?"

"What are you doing?"

"Soundproofing my room."

"Okay... Why?"

"...Reasons."

One of those reasons was for... You know what? It's probably best if I keep my mouth shut.

However, now that Halloween had arrived and left, the season of bells draws near. Where smiles are so bright they might shed a tear...

Um...

Oh, screw it. I suck at rhyming. Halloween had passed and Christmas is just around the corner.

Jessie was soundproofing her apartment and somewhat rigging it with mistletoe just in case Stephen was to go to her apartment for the season. She was HEAVILY banking on it.

Stephen, on the other hand, had received a letter from his old colleagues who worked in America. His life as an agent had him travel a few times and America was one of his favorites. He was hoping that Jessie would join him this year.

"Anyways, I have something to tell you, my love."

"Out with it, then."

"Yesterday, I got a letter in the mail from some of my old coworkers."

"Okay."

"I was invited to a party that takes place on the 17th of December."

"Sounds fun, Steph," she said as she put up the last of the soundproofing material.

"It says I can bring a plus one-"

"Hold it."

"What's wrong?"

"You want me to go with you to this party, don't you?"

"Yes, please."

"Eh, why not? Not like I have a real caring family to see for the holidays. Let's see what I got."

[Not too sure if it's clear or not, but Jessie does have her parents, but contact and such was cut a long time ago and a family who doesn't care, according to Jessie, is a nonexisting family since they treated her like she didn't exist.]

Stephen smiled as Jessie went into her room to change. He could only imagine what Jessie would look like in a dress. Not that Jessie's usual attire was a bad thing, especially since we've already covered how innocent Stephen is when it comes to... certain topics, but he had never seen Jessie in a dress for the six months he had seen her.

Speaking of Jessie, her bedroom door opened...

"J-Jessie..."