Recovery

Trigger Warning: Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Depression(?), SELF HARM so if that's not your cup of tea, skip to the next chapter, or leave this story now because there will be more.

(Connor's P.O.V)

After a while, Ava's calmed down and we're able to ask questions again. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," Ava whispers.

"Ava, it's okay. You had a panic attack," Dr. Charles quietly says back. Ava nods her head and looks at me. I stand up from my chair and sit down on her bed. I wrap my arms around Ava and cuddle her.

"Are you okay, Avey?" I ask carefully.

"Yeah, I feel alright now. Is there anything else you would like to ask, Dr. Charles?"

"No there isn't Dr. Bekker, but I would like you to meet with me once a week at the moment. Does Monday at 9am work for you?"

"That should work. Thank you Dr. Charles.

Ava and I agree on the set time with Dr. Charles and he walks out of the room. "Ava, are you okay?" I ask Ava after a while.

Ava looks up at the I.V fluids, "yeah. I'm as well as I can be in my current situation," Ava softly replies.

"Why didn't you tell me about your insecurities? We could have made your portion sizes smaller so it didn't get to this point!" I raise my voice the tiniest bit. I don't mean to, but I'm really concerned for Avey.

"I'm sorry, Connor! I didn't mean for it to get this bad!" Ava shouts shakily.

"Ava, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to scare you! I'm just scared myself. I'm bashing myself up for not noticing sooner!"

"Connor, it's not your job to notice."

"We live together, Aves! I should have noticed."

Ava gives me a stern look, "Connor. It's not your fault. I've been distant. If anything, this is my fault."

Dr. Manning walks back inside Ava's room after about 10 minutes, "is everything okay in here?" She asks Ava. Ava and I both nod our heads in sync, "alright. Ava, once your I.V is empty, you're free to go home. Also you, Connor. You both have 3 days off each to wrap your heads around everything. Also Connor, Dr. Charles wanted me to give this to you, it's a guide. It's how to help Ava while she recovers. I'll leave you two be and I'll get your discharge papers ready. Get well soon Ava," We both thank Natalie and she walks out of the room.

(Ava's P.O.V)

My I.V eventually empties and Connor and I are free to go home, "alright Avey, do you want to eat "something? A bowl of fruit maybe?" Connor asks me.

"Yeah, alright," I mumble.

"Ava, you have to eat. I don't want you to pass out again!" Connor raises his voice.

"You're right, I'm sorry. Yeah, I'll have a bowl of fruit. Remember though, no kiwi fruit. I'm allergic."

Connor laughs, "Yeah, I know Avey, you tell me every time." Connor stands up and grabs fruit out of the bowl. I watch Connor as he cuts the fruit and puts it in the bowl. I go into a daze and think. "What ya thinking about Aves?" I shrug my shoulders and Connor brings the bowl of fruit over to me, "Ava, you can tell me."

"Just thinking about how much you care about me," I giggle.

"Yeah, that's a shit ton isn't it?" Connor laughs.

"Yeah."

I keep talking with Connor and before I know it, my bowl of fruit is empty. I go to pick up another piece of banana but I'm met with plastic. "Connor, look!" I exclaim.

Connor rushes over to me, "Ava! What's happened?"

"I ate it all! It's all gone!"

"That's great Avey! I'm so proud of you!" Connor shouts in excitement. We both go and sit down on the couch and watch Netflix for a while.

"I love you, Connor," I break the silence after a while.

"That's good Ava, because guess what?"

"What, Conny?"

"Because I love you too."

"That's good."

(Connor's P.O.V)

Ava and I sit on the couch for a while and then I feel Ava's head lay down on my shoulder. I begin stroking her hair and then I hear soft snores. I giggle to myself and look down at Ava. I gently pick her up and bring her to our bed. I lay down next to her I watch her sleep for a while and then I fall asleep myself.