Chapter 3 Dog Race

NO POV

Ganta, Shiro, and Arata all stood at the starting line. The dog race was about to begin.

Arata: Hey Ganta, dont worry about winning this. If I win I'll give you the candy.

Ganta: Shouldn't you eat it.

Arata: Nah, you need it more. I could come up with some kaz points quick.

Meanwhile Tamaki was watching this. He switched his monitor over to some guy wearing a suit and top hat.

Tamaki: I want you to switch it up to maximum kill force. Also call in corpse disposal teams as well.

Man: But sir there will be children in the audience.

Tamaki: All the more better.

Arata POV

I hear the starting pistol go off. And start to run but not fast so I can stay by Ganta's side. We come across the first obstacle which are swinging axes. I see that Ganta is about to get hit by one of them.

Me: LOOK OUT!

I push Ganta out of the way just as the blade cuts my lower back. 

Me(thought): This will be useful in case I have to use the branch of sin later.

In front of us a man gets sliced in half due to the blades. I look around and see some prisoners try to leave but only get shot. This makes the crowd cheer. I look back at Ganta and saw his horrified face. I quickly pick him up back on his feet.

Me: Come on, we cant slow down!

Ganta: Sorry Arata, if it wasn't for me you wouldn't have gotten cut.

Me: Dont worry about it, it's just a cut.

We head to the next obstacle which is a bungee tower with possibly broken rope. Once we get to the top we see a guy ahead of us fall to his death. I quickly pick a rope and attach it to myself. But that's not the only thing I grab.

Me: If I die, you're coming with me.

I grab one of the people in the costumes and we both start to plummet. The person in the costume screams. Luckily the rope I pick works. Ganta and Shiro come down next. Ganta's rope works but Shiro's doesn't, however she still sticks the landing. 

Next up is called Archer Valley, where people with bows try and shoot you. Also if you fall off the track you'll get electrocuted to death. I dont have any trouble making past it, but Ganta starts to slow down. So Shiro slams into him.

Ganta: Cut it out Shiro you're gonna make me fall!

Next we have to jump across these balls or we fall into a pit of acidic gas. I again make it across no problem, but Ganta only survives because Shiro slams into him.

Ganta: That's it, I'm done.

Shiro: What do you mean done, we haven't gotten our red bean bun?

Ganta: I didn't do anything and they still send me to a prison like this. I try to follow the rule but I still get screwed over. I'm done.

Me: Let me ask you this, would Mimi or Yamakatsu want you to give up and try and live on?

Ganta: Try and live on.

Me: That's right, NOW GET UP!

Ganta was surprised by my anger and quickly gets up. After that we go through more obstacles until  we make it to the final obstacle.

 After that we go through more obstacles until  we make it to the final obstacle

Announcer: Last person to have the deadman ball wins!

Me(thought): Crap, it's last man standing.

The lady drops the ball and we all run towards the ball. Kozuji trips Ganta and then tries to trip me but I jump over him. Luckily when Ganta got tripped he got the ball. The tile next to him started to fall, revealing sharp spikes. I see Kozuji running over to Ganta so I head over to him. However the falling tiles make it difficult since I have to jump over them.

Kozuji was standing over Ganta. I heard Kozuji tell Ganta he should just die since he's a killer. In response Ganta hits Kozuji hard with the ball.

Ganta: I'm only telling you this once, IM NOT A MURDERER! You think I'm scared of you after the shit I've seen! If you're going to kill me just do it and stop wasting my time! Cause while I'm here, THIS PLACE AND ITS RULES CAN SUCK MY DICK!

I was actually surprised of Ganta's outburst. I'm proud of him for standing up for himself.

Me: GO GANTA!

Kozuji charges at Ganta again but I kick him in the head, knocking him away. More tiles around us start to collapse. Soon we are all isolated in our own sections. Kozuji tries to slide to a tile but miscalculates it and falls off, killing him. I notice the tiles around me start falling as well so I try and find some stable ground. However there is nowhere to go and I cant activate my branch of sin in public. The tile beneath glows, and then falls.

As I'm falling I hear Ganta scream my name. However I realize something. People cant see me down here. So I quickly manifest a tentacle and use to stop my fall. I then slowly put myself down and use the spikes to keep myself up.I then here the announcer declare that there is no winner, which means that both Ganta and Shiro are still alive.

There we go Chapter 3 is now complete. I hoped you all enjoyed it. See ya next time!

Next Chapter: The Red Man