CHAPTER TWO: LETTER

The lesson was coming to an end and I hadn't been paying attention at all, I was to busy thinking about the boy. Was he really as bad as they made him seen or was it all just a misunderstanding? He seemed really polite and smart, every time I looked at him in the lesson he had his hand in the air eager to answer the questions Mr Smit had given us, for a minute I wondered if he was smarter than me. Mr Smit had spotted his talent and intelligence and was asking him questions even if his hand wasn't up.

'before you leave I have a letter for you'  Mr Smit announced to the bored class 'we know its late notice but next week we have organised a trip to Scotland, its completely free for you and you will miss a week of classes' at this point the students began to take notice and a few were already  chatting about it, I turned around to look at Harry and a huge smile was spread across his face.

'oi nerd' it was Georgia this time 'are you going?'

'yeah.' I replied shortly and simply as Mr Smit handed out the letter, he stopped at my desk

'it would be really beneficial for your education' he smiled and I smiled back, he said exactly the same to Harry. I hated to leave mum but this could really help me. 'Ocean can you stay behind please'

'sure' I said confused, I hadn't done anything wrong had I?

The bell rang and the rest of the class tucked their chairs in and left quickly, i walked up to Mr Smit's desk and nearly walked into Harry on the way, we both apologized and he began to walk towards the door he pulled it open and held it for the person behind him.

'Ocean' Mr Smit announced to get my attention 'three things, your work was as brilliant as usual today but I noticed you were a bit zoned out. Are you ok?'

'I'm fine thank you sir'

'that's good to hear, finally I know you find it hard to leave your mum but this trip is extremely beneficial and I can't exaggerate that enough. And the trip will be painful without you because the other students know nothing, I'm basically begging you' he laughed,

'don't worry sir i'll come'

'thank the lord' he smiled 'also I have a question' I looked at him quizfuly, his face was wrinkled and pale, his brown eyes were dry and tired.

'go ahead' I replied

'is the new boy a nastie?'

I giggled, I had no idea the teachers called them that too 'apparently' I said

'he seems alright' Sir questioned

'he does' I whispered

'please go and enjoy your break with your friends'

I waved goodbye and left his hot stuffy classroom. Enjoy hanging out with my friends? That hurt. I went back through the empty corridor to my locker, as I got nearer I saw a note attached to the lock with some selotape,

"Hows lover boy?" it was Dianna's handwriting and there was a small drawing at the bottom of a boy with blood on his hands, only one person could draw this well, Georgia. For the second time that day I slammed my locker and crumpled the paper into a tight ball then chucked it at a full bin in the corridor. I hate my life.

I walked out of the schools exit smiling at the office staff and wishing them a good evening, my house was only a three minute walk away. There was a thick fog, it reminded me of my brain, clouded and confused. The lampposts lighting the city were blurred, car horns beeped as drivers barely missed each other, you couldn't see 6 feet in front of you and every passing person scared me as they jumped out from behind a grey blanket. I grabbed my keys and pushed it into the lock of our house. As usual my mum was sat on the sofa, her 2 hour shift at the local supermarket finished 5 hours ago and as usual she had sat down leaving the work for me. I knew her mind was holding her hostage but I couldn't help but hate her at times. She sat there staring into space her eyes empty and her face emotionless.

'hi mum'

No reply

A tear pricked my eyes. The only person that I have in my life won't even talk to me. I ran up the wooden stairs, the cold flooring slipping through the soles of my thin shoes to my feet. I grabbed the washing and retreated back down the stairs. I walked back past my mum. Still lifeless. Still gone. Still nine years of this.

Word count: 800

A/N
I hope your enjoying it!
All the love
M.