CHAPTER NINE: APART

'Your behaviour was appalling' the teaching assistant sat in front of Harry and I an unimpressed frown on her face 'especially for you two' I looked across at Harry, he was looking at the floor, just like I do,

'Sorry' I whispered under my breath, I hoped the cold air would catch it and push it towards him, I'll never know if he heard it.

'We decided on a correct punishment for you two' Mr Smit had joined in, he looked across at the assistant almost to double check 'You can't work together tomorrow or even talk from this point for 24 hours' the teachers hadn't even bothered to ask for our side of the story, Georgia must have made some stuff up. I couldn't be madder.

I made my way back to my room, the space inside was even smaller than when I left, socks were spread across the expanse of the room. And clothes and bedding were all over the scene, my corner was neet and organised, my suitcase under the bed all the clothes neatly packed inside, I sat on my bed and thought of what I had done. What had I done? I never hurt or said anything to Georgia for her to "Tell on" ok, Harry did push her away from me, but she overreacted.

I grabbed the pillow and hugged it, life never went my way, yet again the thought of my mum took hold of me. Once more I found my thumb over the green ring button. My mind was questioning everything. Should I even bother?

The phone beeped and stopped. I almost put It down when someone picked up at the other end.

'Hello?' The voice was one of a female but it did not resemble my mother's, it was soft and warm

'Hey?' I asked and before she could reply I was talking again 'Is everything alright?' Where is my mum?'

'Are you ummmm Molly Part's daughter?'

'yeah' my heart dropped, why did someone have my mums phone?

'There has been an issue regarding her health' the lady stuttered. Get to the point I thought. 'She was in a minor car crash'

My mind took me back to my dad, memories flashed and my eyes blurred, this can't be happening?

'Umm regarding the heath of your mother, she is sable and recovering from an operation, I'm sure she would appreciate your company, and the hospital could really do with your input.'

I stopped listening, I can't understand how she could have done that... she hasn't driven since Dad died, I thought, was she looking for me?

I couldn't stop thinking, why can't I be there for her? I was stuck here, with absolutely no one to talk to, I wasn't and couldn't talk to Harry. But I had to find a way,

'Hello? Hellooo?' my phone brought me out of my trance, it was the lady still on the other end, I left it until she was gone, my finger hovered over Harrys number, he had added it earlier today when I was supposedly asleep on the bus. I didn't want to get him into trouble, he has already gone out of his way for me and if I get him into more trouble he might never forgive me.

I gave up and pressed the button, 2 seconds and he was at the other end

'I need to talk to you'

'We can't'

'I know, but I'm alone and on the edge of getting a bus home'

'Ok' there was a long pause and the silence haunted me 'John isn't in my room tonight, he's sleeping in another, he plans to leave about 7, just after dinner, you can come anytime'

He put down the phone and there was silence, I grabbed my pillow, and cried, again. How am I meant to cope trough the next few days without being with my mum. What if I get back and she's gone?

I looked at the time, 6 o'clock. Dinner.

The Hall was full and the only place was next to Harry, I wasn't even hungry and turned on my heel to go back upstairs, when I reached my level the boy sharing Harrys room was shutting the door behind him, he had a suitcase and a phone in his hands. I watched him through the gap in the banister. He ran along the corridor to a room at the end, my main issue was out of the way.

I headed towards my room, producing the Key Card from my pocket and swiping it across the lock to my door, I clumsily dropped it and pushed it back away from the door with my foot. I turned around and there it was, next to another. I picked them both up and looked for a room number I put mine in my pocket and examined the other, 30. Harrys room. Perfect.

I pushed it into my bra, most people think this is disgusting but I haven't lost a single thing I have put there, I collected my pj's and made a note to Beth and Areej that I was sleeping somewhere else that night. I added a small apology at the end, I didn't want to upset them, but knew they wouldn't mind. I sprinted along the corridor just like the boy before me had done and produced the key to Harrys room, this all seemed to be going to well, my clothes and PJ's close to my chest, I opened the door,

'I thought you had already left' it was Harry and I was relived to hear it was him,

'Surprise' I replied sarcastically, He looked up and saw it was me, his eyes lit up and he smiled,

'Ocean'

Word count: 951

A/N

Thanks for reading, don't forget to leave a vote, it takes so little of your time but means so much to me

All the love

M.