{chapter forty ~ broken}

Y/N's POV

"You're being rude, Therese! That's it!" Sister Francine scolded her while all of the children bow their heads out of fright.

"Sister Francine, it's okay. I shouldn't be flirting with Prince Jungkook because he is hers. I'm sorry, it was my fault." I played along with her and Sister Francine calmed down.

Jungkook silently laughed when he saw me playing along with him and Therese.

"You should thank Y/N since she saved you from Villain Francine." He whispered and we all laughed while Sister Francine was clueless.

"If you're all laughing because of me, there will be no ice cream." She said and the children started to quiet down at the mention of their favourite dessert.

"Never will we laugh about you, Sister." Ruben, the child beside me said and she laughed.

All of us ate with satisfaction and I noticed how cute Jungkook and Therese looked.

Ruben might've noticed and he asked me to feed him to since he whispered that I should have points in making Jungkook's heart beat too.

Gosh, children of today, always thinking about love.

"Well, little Ruben, Chocolate or Vanilla? Since it's the only flavors presented here and they're the most common flavors ever!" I said and he laughed, meanwhile, Jungkook was laughing so hard at my statement.

"Well, at least it's not wine or liquor right?" He asked out of nowhere and Sister Caroline spanked him in the arm.

"Oww! Fu—" He flinched at the hard contact and shook his head.

"Don't mention those things in our house, bad boy!" Everyone laughed when Sister Caroline's hand pinched Jungkook's left ear.

"I promise! I'm sorry—oww!" Therese spanked him too and I offered a high-five to her. She stopped for a while and she smiled before saying thank you.

"You're welcome." I winked at her and finally, I'm able to sleep well tonight.

Jungkook might have noticed that he gave Therese a small kiss on the cheek, earning a blush from the 14-year old.

"That seems like the last piece of ice cream! Yehhey! Congratulations on your first night here in Maryland!" Therese hanged a garland at Jungkook's neck and Ruben did the same with me. Happy music started playing and we all stood up to dance a little.

"Well, how about we go clean up the dishes!" I dragged Jungkook with me to the back of the kitchen and he pouted immediately.

"I'm not that good at cleaning and you know that! Sister Caroline will be so angry at me if I broke one plate!" He explained but there is no room for a lazy man in my life.

"That's huge minus points, broccoli! My love is decreasing since you're acting lazy!" I pulled him more and now, we're in front of a huge sink with Sister Caroline, piling the plates carefully.

He gave up and decided to grab one of the rubber gloves to give it to me. I giggled when I looked at him all gear up to wash the dishes.

Jungkook looks so cute, wearing a pink apron and matching gloves and it made my heart burst.

"One broken plate minus one year of life." We both laughed when Sister Caroline staryed handling us the plates and looking at us intently.

"Don't worry, Sister, I'll buy new plates if I broke one." I said and Jungkook started putting soap on the plates, cups and utensils.

We both work silently and I took a small glance towards Jungkook, the way he did the dishes made me stare at him. He looks so handsome when he is concentrating.

"Take a photo, it lasts longer." He murmured and I laughed while flicking my wet hands at him.

"It's not playtime, Y/N! Sister Caroline will surely scold you if she saw you playing." He said and still concentrated on washing he dishes.

After a few minutes, two cups were left and finally we're able to rest!

"Good job, the two of you! You didn't break any plate and I'm so happy. I'll probably hire you as dishwashers, if you're available." We both laughed at Sister Caroline's silliness and the three of us decided to go at the living room, where all the children are gathered.

"The both of you should sit with them, tonight is the most anticipated MOVIE NIGHT!" The children cheered as the both of us took our seats beside Ruben and Therese who were at the back.

Time was ticking, and as the logo of Disney started rolling on the screen, all of them started to cheer.

It was The Little Mermaid that they're going to watch, a huge classic that every children probably watched.

"Ariel!" One girl started to freak out and jumped up and down. We all laughed as she started singing along and distracting us all.

Ring! Ring!

Jungkook's phone kept buzzing and I looked at him as he tried to ignore the call.

I murmured to him that it must be important so, he should answer it and he finally did.

"Hello" He said and he started to stood up while I followed slowly behind him.

"What?! Are you kidding me?! Where are you?!" He started replying at the caller with anger.

"Jungkook, are you okay?" I asked at him and he was caught of guard.

"Y/N, don't worry because it's just about the company and it has nothing to do with you, okay? Go back with the children because I'll be outside to take the call." I nodded my head at him and he seems really stressed about it.

I went back with the children and watched The Little Mermaid silently. We were at the part where she have her voice and all of us said that she was kinda dumb and Sister Francine scolded us for judging her.

"If she didn't do that then how will she meet the Prince Eric?" She asked at us while defending Princess Ariel and I decided to check on Jungkook.

What's taking him so long?

I went out of the house and he was not there. My body began to worry, as I check around and no one was there.

Finally, distant voices were heard and I decided to look for it. As I walk more and more to it, Jungkook's voice became clear and it washed all my worries away.

"Please go back to your rest house—" He was interrupted and I came much more closer to him.

"Jungkook, I'm becoming much more impatient with this plan of yours!" Another voice said and I gulped hard, not wanting to see what I am thinking of.

Jungkook loves me, right?

My eyes widened at the last sight I saw, Jungkook's hands were placed on her hips while they kissed passionately.

"Sana."

Author's Note:
Dun! Dun! Dun!
This is dedicated to all of you who loves drama !
Finally, I am able to continue this book and please check out my other book which is Protection Only! 💜