Feelings

When I was in his shower, using his shampoo and his vanilla-scented body wash instead of my tangerine one, my mind went where it shouldn't have. It dawned on me that I was standing where he had just been a few minutes ago, naked. The dirty thoughts that fled through my mind made my face burn as I blushed under the water.

Everything about the situation was wrong. I shouldn't have been showering there or wearing his shirt or thinking those thoughts when my best friend had a crush on him. That is highlighted somewhere in Girl Code, I'm sure. But it was not my fault that Wendy wanted me to ask him to come to her birthday. And it was not my fault we made a deal. And It was not my fault I came to bake cupcakes. And it was not my fault he came smelling like a delicious vanilla shake and decided to ask me to help him with the icing. And I had to end up with my ass on the kitchen floor spitting out flour. But regardless, I felt awful.

When I slipped his shirt on, it was huge on my petite figure but apparently not that long because I am tall. It only came up to a little above my mid-thigh.

That was way too short! But I had no time to stress about it because my phone was buzzing in the bedroom.

I got out of the bathroom pulling the shirt down. When I grabbed my phone from the shelf, it was Wendy who was calling. I froze for a second like I was caught with the birthday cake in my mouth before the party.

"Wendy," I said, picking up.

My voice came out high-pitched, but Wendy didn't notice.

"Alice! I have got news. Juicy news!" She squealed.

"What is it?" I walked to the bed, wondering what she would say if she knew where I was and what I was doing.

"When I was done with my shift, Harry came to pick me up, and on the ride home, he started asking questions about you."

"About me?" My heart started to pound.

"Yes. He first started to beat around the bush, asking if you're seeing anyone, and I was baffled, wondering what would make him think that. He got kind of pissed off thinking I was playing dumb. Then he asked me who the guy dropping you off and picking you up from school is. I guess he saw Wyatt. I have never seen Harry so jealous."

I sat on the edge of the bed because I felt lightheaded.

"Jealous?" I gulped. "Do you really think he was? I don't know, maybe... maybe he was just concerned."

"Ugh!" She groaned. "Concerned that a hot guy with dimples from Mountelda would murder you? Come on, Alice!"

The possibility that Harry could actually be jealous because he thought I was dating someone was seriously making my heart jump with joy.

"So, what did you say to him?"

"I told him that you guys met up a few times and that he was a pretty cool guy. I left the rest to his imagination." She said, and my eyes widened.

"You made him think Wyatt and I are...you... you know... But why?"

"Because guys like a little competition. You didn't see the look on his face. He was trying to act unbothered, but I could totally tell that he was really mad. You'll thank me later." She said, and I smiled from ear to ear. Harry the Harry was pissed because he thought I was dating. Holy mother of God!

"I really can't believe it," I said, my voice dripping with excitement.

"You better believe it. Anyway, how is it going there? Are you done with the cupcakes?"

And there went my smile.

"Yeah, yeah, almost."

"So, how is it going? Anything interesting or fun I should know about?"