A night to remember

October 19

The past few days have been torture. True to his word, Wyatt didn't try to contact me after that night. I figured the more time that passed, the less it would affect me. But the ache has only intensified.

Most people can't pinpoint the exact moment that led to their demise. I can. The moment I opened my mouth to tell the most beautiful boy I had ever seen that I had a boyfriend, I screwed things up. And I will probably regret it for the rest of my life.

Wendy decided on a Game of Thrones-themed party and sent out invites via email a day after she went out on the date. I wasn't opposed to it. Louisa attends an annual costume party held for kids in our neighborhood around Halloween every year. And I'm always the one accompanying her in the most ridiculously embarrassing costumes. So a Game of Thrones Themed party is a walk in the park.

What surprised me was Wendy wanting a themed party to begin with. She never liked costume parties. She would always say she wanted to go as herself when Will and I dressed up. So I figured a certain devilishly handsome amber-eyed boy whose name we shall not mention must have had something to do with it.

The day after the kiss, I was afraid that the moment Wendy saw me, she'd know what I did. But she didn't. I didn't spend much time with her or Will these past few days because I had a lot of assignments and homework I needed to get done. When I wasn't doing school work, I was either helping my mum with delivery or driving Louisa to her practices and back or at my Volleyball practice or taking a piano lesson. It's true what they say about keeping yourself busy. By the time I go to bed, I'm too exhausted to think about anything.

It goes without saying that I wasn't at all involved in the planning of Wendy's birthday party. Which is definitely a first. I didn't even know what I was going to be until the very last minute. Thankfully, Lydia was kind enough to put together a costume for me. It's been decided that I'm going to go as Lady Melisandre, aka the red woman. All I needed was a long maroon dress and a red cloak which the drama club graciously provided, thanks to Lydia. Now all I need to do is straighten my hair before bed, and Vualla, I'll be good to go.

Knowing I will see Wyatt tomorrow makes my heart feel like it might explode. I already know most of the night is going to be spent avoiding the sight of him. I don't think I can bear seeing them together. Even the thought hurts too much.

October 20

Today I went to Wendy's house after lunch to get ready with her. Not so surprisingly, she chose to dress up as Daenerys. Will and I both thought if she wanted to be a queen, Cersei would be more fitting.

Will and Kate dressed up as Sam and Gilly. She had a creepy porcelain doll wrapped in a baby blanket, and Will was carrying a bunch of books so people would be able to tell who he was. That is way too much work if you ask me.

Harry, last minute, decided he wasn't able to attend. And truth be told, it was for the best. The Clairmont's always choose the Country Club as a venue for Wendy's birthday party because they don't want to host it at home and clean up after.

The party was supposed to start at 5 on the dot. But Wendy wanted to be fashionably late, so I had to go early with Will to accept guests and see if everything was exactly as Wendy wanted. Kate wasn't too pleased with that idea, so she decided to tag along. Since Wendy decided on a themed party late into the week, there wasn't much to the decoration. But Anne Hugh, the Party Planner, did the best that she could to make it work, and for a last-minute thing, the place looked great. It didn't exactly give the Game of Thrones vibe, but it definitely had a medieval feel to it.