Chapter One: Daydreams Of Life

"Mom, I'm home!" Palette yelled as he got home, quickly pulling off his shoes and stowing his jacket and hat in the closet with the rest.

"Someone's happy," a warm voice said, moments later Dream entered the living room where Palette was setting up to do homework.

Dream was slim, but not too tall, with large golden eyelights that would occasionally take the shape of stars. His magic was golden, and even his bones had a slight golden tinge to them in the right lighting. He wore a grey sleeveless turtleneck and a pair of jeans, his feet simply covered by fuzzy blue and grey striped socks.

This was Palette's mother, the wonderful person who had raised him.

The only thing that annoyed him about his mother was that Dream looked sixteen years old.

Couldn't he at least age like other boss monsters did when they had children?

He'd been asked way too many times if he was a good little brother.

"Yeah, Goth said he got permission to sleep over this weekend!" he said happily. Goth was his best friend, and he couldn't wait to introduce him to his family!

"What time will his parents be coming by?" Dream asked, heading back to the kitchen. He'd promised spaghetti if Goth's parents had agreed to the sleepover on the long weekend.

"In..." he checked the time, "Half an hour," he continued.

"That gives plenty of time for you to get some of that done while I cook," Dream called from the kitchen.

"Cool," Palette said happily.

"That's my kid! Your dad will be home in fifteen minutes," Dream responded.

"That's great!" Palette said happily. His dad, while not his bio dad, was the best dad in the world. His job kept him super busy, but he always gave his family as much time as he could.

If Palette was lucky, his wish for a sibling would come true!

He better see a sibling on its way soon, after all, he hadn't used five birthday wishes for nothing!

OoOoO

Dream hummed to himself as he stirred the sauce. The smell alone was worth the effort of making it. Add in the taste, and everyone always asked for seconds.

It... hadn't been easy moving on.

He'd been pregnant and slowed down due to the extra weight and drain on his magic.

He didn't go to the remains of his home AU, people would look there first.

He was six months along when he found this AU, the monsters were never sealed underground, there were no resets and it was very peaceful.

It had been well worth the gold in setting up his home.

He even had a job he could do at home, he wrote books... even if his editor, Snowy, despaired over his grammar sometimes.

Yet... when Palette had been born, all the stress and feelings over his life melted away.

His sweet little babybones.

For the first time in a very long time, he cried, and they were tears of happiness.

Large arms hugged him and the smell of yarn and magic surrounded him, bringing him back to reality.

"Hey..." his husband said.

"Hey there," Dream said, smiling as he looked up. His other half was so much taller than him.

With a laugh, Dream was spun around until he was leaning against the other's chest, their skull resting on top of his own.

"I love you, Dream," his husband said, truly meaning it.

"I love you too, Error," Dream replied happily, and what a strange journey it had been.