Chapter Three: Elsewhere Dreams

Error curled around his husband of many years, it always amused him how in the pitch-black darkness, Dream's bones actually let off a golden glow. He was especially happy at the small golden ecto belly Dream was sporting, with how small his mate was it wouldn't be able to hide it.

He wished that skeletons didn't have to wait ten years to become fertile again after giving birth. But they were a very long lived species, so it didn't matter.

Dream was carrying his child, one of his marrow and magic.

He was excited, as this time around he could help more as this child would share his magic. Skeleton children fed on their parents magic for the first three years instead of food, but they could only feed on their related parents, not adoptive, unless there birth parents were unable to.

He traced a red-yellow-black boned finger across Dreams stomach, and the other giggled.

"Stop it, it tickles," Dream said with a grin.

"Tickles hmmm..." Error smirked.

"No, don't," Dream protested, giggling.

"More fun this way," Error smirked, bending to the task.

OoOoO

Reaper had been having a rather interesting day. His little Gothy was staying for a weekend sleepover. Due to this, they'd come for dinner to meet the other parents, and wasn't that a doozy.

Error was shocking.

And Dream was even more of a surprise, nobody had seen the Guardian of Positivity in years!

And yet, here he was, playing house husband with the destroyer, and he could tell they were truly happy.

As Death, he could see the bonds between them, they were truly mated in all senses.

Mates that went that far usually followed their bonded unto death, if there were children the remaining mate would stay long enough to raise them, then usually passed away.

Geno and himself were mates in that way. Sure, many had protested, but when one literally found their soulmate, all bets were off.

He was curious on how this would end.

OoOoO

Palette loved his life, he had a best friend, a good life and parents that meant the world to him.

Oh, he knew Error wasn't his biological father, but he was a father in every other way.

Now, if only he could get a sibling or two.

Mom had mentioned his birth father a few times, but didn't really talk about him much, as apparently the marriage had sputtered out with a depressed sigh.

His mother had told him that the only good thing that came from it was him.

Still, he was curious, and he'd seen news articles and pictures of Ink.

His sire... was interesting, but all he seemed to care about was creating, well, that and hurting his dad. Sure, Palette liked art, but it wasn't his life and he was thankfully taking after his mom when it came to his magic. He'd accidentally heard this one night when he was supposed to be in bed, but he didn't mind that fact.

He yawned and snuggled deeper in his covers, Goth was already dead to the world.

Dead.

Giggling, he closed his eyes.

This was happiness.