Chapter Two: Dreams Of Yesterday

If someone had asked if Error he'd ever be happily married years ago, he would have laughed.

Then dusted them.

It had been an accident, he and Nightmare were off again in their relationship, and this time it looked like there would be no again.

He didn't know what had set off the goopy being, either. They'd been dating for three years in an off and on relationship, before they'd suddenly argued over something- honestly, he didn't know what- and Nightmare had kicked him out.

Which was annoying, as he hadn't lived in the Anti-Void for two years.

Which meant he needed supplies, as he wouldn't be heading back to base until Nightmare cooled his tentacles.

He'd ended up in an AU he didn't even know the name of, in a place called Wally World.

It was then that Fate and Destiny decided to agree on something for once.

He'd almost literally run into Dream.

A babybones, only a few weeks old, swaddled in his arms.

Lady Fate and Lady Destiny gave it a thumbs up.

OoOoO

"They're here, they're here!" Palette cried happily as the doorbell rang.

"Better let them in, Pally. They're probably starved just from smelling the food," Error said, laughing at his son's excitement.

"Right, silly me," Palette giggled, running to the front door and opening it.

"Goth!" he shouted happily, doing what could be best described as a glomp on the robed child.

"Palette!" Goth cried, hugging him back.

"Wait... Dream... Error!" a male voice said in shock, Error blinked and his eyelight widened in surprise seeing the parents.

"Well... this is awkward," Dream said to the figures of Reaper and Geno.

Yeah... very awkward.

OoOoO

Dinner was mostly quiet other then the chatter of the two small children, Palette talking a mile a minute between bites and Goth's quieter remarks.

"Mom, can I show Goth the basement?" Palette asked, his star-shaped eyelights brightening in excitement.

"Stay out of the laundry room," Dream cautioned.

"Okay, come on Goth, mom has a whole bunch of cool stuff down there!" Palette chirped, dragging Goth off.

"Well, the kids are gone," Geno said, hearing the excited chatter from below.

"I'm just glad Palette has such a good friend," Dream said happily.

"I'm just glad you're okay, every was worried. We knew you were alive, since Nightmare's still about, but we didn't know what could've happened," Reaper said, pushing his empty plate away.

"I'm sorry about that, I had other concerns in my life," Dream sighed.

"Like a kid by the looks of it," Geno said.

"Oh yes, raising a child was something I never thought I'd get a chance to do," Dream said, sighing.

Seeing that everyone was done, he and Error began to clear the table and put the dishes in the dishwasher.

"Palette... is Ink's?" Reaper asked.

"Yes, I was several months along when I walked out, divorced. Not that it mattered, I hadn't seen him since just before I found out I was pregnant. Apparently he didn't bother coming home from creating till Palette was a month old, there were several... strange AU's created after he found the divorce finalization notice I left," Dream said wryly.

"Ahh..." Geno said looking at Error, who looked a lot better then last he spotted him, most of the chips, breaks and damage were gone, and his voice hadn't glitched even once tonight.

"Yes, we're married," Error smirked.

"Huh..." Reaper grinned. "Now how did you two meet up to start that."

"We bumped into each other," Error began.

"And then I passed out exhausted into his arms from lack of sleep," Dream grinned.

"Well that's one way to meet when not fighting," Geno mused.