Chapter Four: Dreams left behind

Dream sang to himself as he packed Palettes lunch for school, the simple movements almost automatic of years of doing it. Finally done he placed the lunchbox by the front door, as his kid was such a deep sleeper and half the time he slept in late right through his alarm clock.

He then put a blueberry poptart beside it.

He was washing the dirty dishes from breakfast, when he heard a crash from above and a yelp.

"Gah I'm late!" came Palette's cry, and the sound of rapid movement followed.

Dream rolled his eyelights when Palette almost fell down the stairs... like every Monday.

"Hi mom, love you mom... byeeeeeeeee!" Palette cried rushing from the house his jacket and hat somehow on.

"He didn't notice?" Error asked over from where he was reading the multiverse newspaper.

"Nope, totally didn't realized we changed the time on his alarm," Dream giggled, after all all parents did there best to get there kids to school on time.

OoOoO

"Wait... I'm on time!" Palette said in shock.

"That's right," Goth said unpacking his bag.

"I keep falling for this trick," the taller skeleton moaned.

"Then learn to get up on time," Goth said dryly.

"..." Palette said.

"Alright class, I'd like you to meet your new classmate Radier," there teacher said, a kid shyly walked into the room.

OoOoO

"Error! How dare you destroy AU's!" Ink cried.

"Busy Squid," Error said destroying the last of this AU's code.

"How could you Error!" Ink cried.

"Easily," Error responded.

"You won't get away from this! The Star Sans will stop you!" Ink cried.

Error sighed, did Ink even remember he was the only one of his group left.

Did Ink even remember he'd once been married and that Dream left him, or that Blue had literally just stopped coming long before that.

Oh Blue was fine, he was Uncle Blue to Palette.

Not tat either Dream or himself had told the small skeleton where they were, he just popped up happily.

He'd been Dreams bridesmaid at the wedding.

"Ink... do you ever wonder, if you walked away from the best thing in your life?" Error said and slipped into a glitchy portal.

"Eh?" Ink said bewildered.

OoOoO

"You made good time," Dream said greeting him home with a kiss.

"No battles today," Error said smiling.

"Good, and your just in time for lunch," Dream said.

Life was good