Why?

Annie's P.O.V

As the clock slowly ticked every second and minute, I could hear loud muffled voices coming from Principal Smith's office. Mikasa was right next to me, she was breathing so heavy and was sweating. I felt bad for her. I had gotten her into this mess and I don't know how to clean it up. I try to think of something to say to break the tension but before I do, my attention is turned back to Principal Smith's office. My father gives me a cold look as my mother comes out crying, Mikasa's mum and dad followed. Mr Smith gestures to me and Mikasa to stand up as Mr Smith waves goodbye to us all before disappearing into his office.

Mikasa and I don't talk on the way to the car park, we just give each-other awkward looks before she follows her parents in the other direction.

Mikasa's P.O.V

We didn't talk the entire trip home. There was this cold tension in the car that made me feel uncomfortable. Why? Why did I have to go to that party? Why did I drink? Why did I have to make out with Annie?

As my parents and I walked into the house, I run straight upstairs to my room. I slammed the door and jumped onto my bed, burying my face into a pillow. I heard my mum knock on the door several times but I kept telling her to go away.

By the time I had finished sulking, the pillow was saturated from my salty tears and I lumped in my throat. I managed to get myself out of bed and into the bathroom. 
I look at myself in the mirror, my eyes are red and my cheeks shine from the tears. I wash my face and head into the shower.

I don't know why, but the shower is my only escape. I think about what will most likely happen at school tomorrow, what my mum and dad must be thinking of me and, Annie. What's Annie going through right now. I heard rumours around the school on how strict her father is, and after seeing how he reacted today, I think he's even worse.

Principle Smith had given me and Annie the rest of the school week off. It was okay for me, all I did was watch some more Tokyo Ghoul and some studio ghibli. Armin came over to check on how I was going after school. I told him I was alright, but in my mind, I just wanted to sink into a hole and never come out. "Everyone at school is asking what happened that night," Armin was telling me this while he was pouring some green tea. I gave him a stern look, telling him to shut up. Armin tensed up and sat down, sipping his tea slowly. 

As Armin and I sat in silence my mind began to wander off. All I could think about now was Annie. I knew how strict her father can be, everyone knew. Suddenly the sound of my phone dragged me down to earth. 

It's Annie, and she wants to talk.