Chapter 2

Chapter 2

“Oh my god! Jesus! Christ!” Claire yelled as she beheld Angus lay in a pool of blood in the middle of the road. She was also realized quite a number of people standing there and watching as if seeing alien launched on this planet.   Swiftly and miserably, she got out the car and rushed toward Angus and cried “Help! Help! Someone please call ambulance”. Kneeling down, she grabbed Angus with her hands and tried to wake him up. “Dear, wake up please ….wake up please….don’t leave me alone.” She sobbed and gasped.

“God, why are you treating a good person in this way?” She bawled, looking up the sky “Why? ...Why? …You crap!” Maybe she was simply over-tired or maybe she couldn’t take the situation anymore, her vision became blurred then she fainted. She lay beside her boyfriend.

A few minutes later, ambulance came over there and this couple was rushed to the hospital promptly. When the ambulance reached the hospital, Angus was sent to Intensive Care Unit and received immediate surgery while Claire was sent into normal ward.

*******************************************************************

“Darling, take a break and after a while we can have dinner” Jessie said as preparing dinner while her husband just came back from work and cuddled her from behind in the kitchen. “Okay….take it easy…I am not hungry yet” Edward replied and kissed her chin, then, walked to upstairs to take a small break.

Hug and kiss is the very first thing Edward would do whenever he came home from work. It’s their tradition and has been kept it for more than 30 years. Undeniably, their love flame still very bright and intense.

Jessie was cooking pasta which was her husband’s favorite for dinner and it’s almost finished. Then, suddenly, the home telephone rang and it’s rang abnormally weird. “It’s rarely ring at this period of time.” She thought as she quickly strolled towards the telephone. She had trembled before her hand reached the telephone to pick up the call, as if her subconscious protect her from being hurt.

“Hello, is there anyone?” She asked

“Ya…hi…are you Mr.Angus’s mother, Ms.Jessie?”

“Yes, I’m, any problem?” Jessie felt something horrible was going to occur, her sixth sense told.

“Here is Dumbarton Joint Hospital, I’m sorry to inform you that Angus was sent into ICU due to severe car crash. So you might come around.”

Jessie’s jaw was dropping on the floor with a resounding thud when she heard what the nurse talking. She didn’t reply the nurse and instead she cut off the call. The next thing she did was crying and rushing to upstairs to tell her husband.

“Dear, what’s the matter?” Edward stunned and asked as he saw her wife standing there sobbing after opening bedroom’s door.

“Angus….Angus….was sent into….. ICU in Dumbarton Hospital… the nurse called just now” She gasped

“What? …Change your clothes and we should go there quickly” He was damn astonished at first but he briskly managed himself to calm down as he knew that he should take good  care of the family no matter what happened.

*******************************************************************

“Why would I be here?” Claire wondered as if she lost her memory, as if the anecdote actually never happened. She tried her best to recall but she failed. Then, she gave up as if the memory was not deserved to be recalled, as if her subconscious protected her from being hurt. However, things didn’t seem worked in that way as her head started to suffer from serious pain.

“Arhhhhhhhhhh………arhhhhh…..arhhhh” She shrieked with her both hands pressing her head. The pain she suffered is like a person’s chest being stabbed by several swords. However, the pain gradually faded away. The less painful her head felt, the more memories she regained. When the pain ceased, the whole memories regarding the anecdote perfectly ‘installed’ in her mind. “Angus…ya…Angus….he was being hit by a car” She sobbed as, recalling her boyfriend, anxiously, she left her sickbed and staggered towards the counter of the hospital.

“Where is the guy, Angus, who was admitted to here with me together? Where is he” She nervously asked, looking at the nurse as if a student waiting for her teacher’s answer.

“Can I know what’s your name ?” the nurse asked politely and calmly as if nothing serious matter take place.

“Claire…Ms.Claire”

“Erm….I…I am sorry to…” The nurses said after checking the computer.

“Don’t say that shit thing….tell me where the hell is he” She interrupted when listened the horribly terrible word “Sorry” as she can’t take it.

“He is in ICU and still having surgery now.  ” She answered straightforwardly.

“He is going to be fine, isn’t it? How long the surgery has been taken so far? ”

“Until now, it’s one hour and a half. I can’t promise you the former”

“I am not going to trust you…he must going to be recovered.” She chose to believe herself instead of the nurse and dashing toward the ICU.

When she reached there (the waiting area outside the operation theatre where Angus receiving surgery.), she saw a women sitting on the waiting chair with her red face full of tears while a guy who sat next to her and cuddling her to comfort her. She knew that they are Angus’s parents. Suddenly, guilty showed all over her face as she thought she was the person who caused Angus being hit by the car. “If I didn’t have stomachache, Angus would not hit by car.” She thought.

When Jessie realized Claire was standing there, she got frustrated and asked “You bitch! Explain to me why my son, your boyfriend was hit by car and receiving surgery!!!”

“I am sorry… I…had a pain in my stomach then Angus drove me to buy some pills and he crossed the road to the pharmacy to buy for me but I don’t know why he would be….  ”She explained and burst into tears again.

“So, that’s you caused it to happened…..I don’t want to see you….get lost!!!” Jessie said as she approached Claire and tried to push her away but her husband prohibited her by grabbing her hand. 

“Dear, keep your cool, it had already happened so it’s no use arguing. Instead we should pray for Angus.” Edward told her wife. Once Edward finished his words, the light above the operation theatre turned off and the surgeon came walking out.

“How is my son, doctor? He is going to be recovered, isn’t it?” Edward and Jessie chorused. While, Claire moving towards the surgeon but didn’t say anything as she knew that she didn’t have the authority to do so before Angus’s parent and just waiting for the surgeon’s answer.

The surgeon took off his mask and his facial expression was indescribable. Then, he said…

                  Vote me please -----To Be Continued----- Vote me please

The idea solely created and the story originally written by Craze. All rights reserved 2012.

Next updated: Next week (20/10/2012)

Your VOTE is always a GREAT ENCOURAGEMENT to me. Thank You!!!----Voice in my deepest heart, Craze.