Chapter 7: THE END

Chapter 7: THE END                 

                                          Samantha’s point of view (Claire’s mother)

Nobody knows about rejection more than writers. Writers’ works always rejected by the publishers who are always having high expectation. So do I. My latest work, My crush again rejected by my publisher. I have invested plenty of times and resources, conducting research, in this novel compared to my usual work. So, I won’t be simply given up. Trying to negotiate with publishers is also a necessary and inevitable skill for all sorts of writers to master.

“I have occupied plenty of times and resources in this book, can you explain to me that what’s wrong with it?” I argued, as not pleased to find that my manuscript being rejected. 

“Well. The plot is too complicated for your target audience, teenagers to understand. Readers will feel uneasy to follow. This will discourage the reader as well as the sales of this fiction.” Agent of publisher answered. 

They always use this reason, discouraging sales as the major reason to reject somebody’s work. This is always encountered by whatever writers. The only downside of being a writer is that publishing always has conflicts with writing because publishing is a business while writing is an art. Indeed, it’s pointless to argue with them when they used their ultimate weapon which is discouraging sales. 

“Okay. I will try my best to simplify the plot so that it won’t be too difficult for my readers to follow and won’t affecting the sales.” I deliberately stressed the phrase “affecting the sales” with higher tone to express my sarcastic remark. 

“Ms. Samantha, no hard feeling, life had already been so complicated, then why we still have to make virtual thing complicated too? Am I right? ” 

I knew he was going to start nagging so I lied to kick him off. “Yeah...I am sorry that I have to cut this call because there is a call coming in.” 

Then, without giving him a chance to answer, I closed the call and expressed a heavy sigh. 

Within not more than 30 seconds after I closed the call, my phone beeped again and I thought it was the publisher’s call.

“Don’t I make it clear that I will SIMPLIFY it...” I yelled

“Here is hospital, I think you got something wrong.”

“I am so sorry for that, anything I can help?” I instantly became embarrassed and confused why I would receive call from hospital.

“Just now I said wrongly. Here is psychiatric hospital only correct.” The nurse corrected.

“I felt even puzzled why the hell there was a call from PSYCHIATRIC hospital as it has nothing to do with me.”

“Wait...you will know why it has something to do with you later. Ms. Samantha, right?”

“Ya...any problem” I started anxious.

“Your daughter, Ms. Claire, had already been sent to here. So, you should come here around?”

“What the hell?! Sent to where? Where should I go?” I said, as felt shocked as well as confused why my lovely baby was sent to psycho hospital.