Chapter 6

Chapter6

Hugging her leg, Claire was uncontrollably sobbing for a while. Then, hazardous thought started attacking her mind. An ominous silence filled her small hostel. “I lost the most important person in my life.” “I killed a person who used to be my best friend.” “I’m murderer.” “I lost my beloved. I lost my friend. I broke the law. Isn’t it pointless for me to live?” Claire is always a good girl who is very obedient and soft since she was tiny. However, recently, there were too much tragedies happened in her life out of the blue. She was simply failed to endure these kinds of tragedies. Honestly, is there anyone can actually endure this? Unless the person is pretty resilient but unluckily her resilience was simply low.

Subconsciously, she took razor blade and started to cut her both arms. After a few minutes, dozens of scars appeared on her both hands and bleeding but she had no feeling neither painful nor excited like a dead. She was almost forgotten that Lesley was laid dead on the floor just a few footsteps away from her. She also didn’t realize that her door was kept opening from the moment which she had opened for Lesley on. She also has no idea that someone was watching over them. After crying, after mistreating, she fainted probably too exhausted and over-depressed. She might want to escape the merciless reality for a while.

Out of the sudden, siren of police car as well as ambulance broke the dead silence of her dormitory. However, Claire still fainted and not realizing she was going to be nabbed. Then, the floor where Claire’s room located was full of cops, forensic staff as well as ambulance staff. Forensic staff was analyzing the criminal scene namely, Claire’s hostel.  While the ambulance staff was busy to rush both Claire and Lesley to hospital. On the other hand, cop was recording verbal evidence from the witness, Gillbert.

Claire, may be, was too unfortunate in these recent days. Her beloved, Angus’s death followed by revelation of third-party and just now Gillbert witnessed her ‘wrongdoing’. Gillbert is one of the housemate of Claire and simply a classical nerd. He is wearing a big spectacle and always holding a book and read everywhere. These kind of university’s students rarely stepped out of their hostel except go out for lunch or dinner and always stay in their dorms studying. Always do well in exam but have no much friends especially opposite-gender friends. Besides, they are always following the law and rules.

“What’s your name?” the cops began

“Gillbert Baxter”

“Well, Mr.Gillbert, what’s the name of the two girls?”

“The girl who was self-abusing named Claire while the one with a knife stabbed in her heart named Lesley.”

 “What’s your relationship with both of them?”

“Claire is my housemate as well as classmate while Lesley is stranger to me.”

“Okay. Are you witness the entire anecdote?”

“Exactly”

“So can you briefly describe what you have witnessed just now?”

“As usual, in afternoon, I was studying in my room but I heard somebody’s shouting which distracted me. So, I decided to see what’s going on outside. I saw Claire’s room wide opened while Claire was quarreled with Lesley because Lesley was revealed as the third-party in Claire’s love relationship. After quarreling and shouting each other, they even started fighting physically. Then....suddenly....Claire stabbed Lesley to death.” Gillbert depicted, shivering once in a while.

“Excuse me, why don’t you inhibit Claire from doing so?”

“I...I...thought they were merely arguing but I don’t think....” Gillbert sadly explained “and it’s too late for me to prohibit this from occurring when I realized they started fighting. They moved fast as well.”

“Thank you for your cooperation. If any help needed, we may call you again. By the way, don’t be too guilty because you are indeed doing your best to call police immediately.”

                     ********************************************

Lesley was announced death after testifying by doctor in hospital while Claire was diagnosed with some sort of mental disorder and later was sent to psychiatric hospital instead of prison though cops confirmed Claire was the murderer who stabbed Lesley to death. It’s too much for Claire to bear and so that she finally exploded.

Angus’s death, betrayal of her only best friend and she is a murderer.

____________To Be Continued_________________

Next update: Final Chapter: THE END ....on 24/11/2012

Early update ~ Enjoy it.

Close up your eyes and try to imagine what will be happened in THE LAST CHAPTER!!!