Chapter 4

Chapter 4

On one Christmas in the past few years, Angus had brought Claire home to celebrate Christmas together with his mother and father. Angus still had done it even if his mommy totally didn’t like the idea that Angus had dated with Claire. However, due to his mulishness, that Christmas was the worst and happiest ever for not only Angus’s parents but also Claire herself.

“Don’t I tell you that don’t bring anybody back for celebration. This celebration is only for our own family.” Jessie had told, as throwing her son a frustrated look when she saw Angus had brought Claire home. She didn’t like Claire was because her sixth sense had told her that this girl would bring “bad” thing to Angus. Unluckily, Jessie is superstitious housewife.

“Why not. Claire isn’t a stranger and you know she is my girlfriend.” Angus protested.

“No way. Listen to mom please, she isn’t good.”

“It’s unreasonable…. Well, we all just have to sit down and have our peaceful dinner. That’s all, okay? ”Angus begged.

“This isn’t going to happen.”

“Why don’t you just stand in my side once, well, as a gift for me in this Christmas” Angus tried to persuade her mom.

“No. I can give everything as your gift but not this. ” Jessie had said then walking towards foyer where Claire had been staying when Angus and her mom argued in the kitchen. 

Facing Claire, who had stood up quickly when realizing Jessie walking towards herself, “I’m sorry, tonight’s dinner is only prepared for our own family but not outsider. So, you may….” Jessie said politely

“Damn it, can you don’t behave in that fucking way!” Angus had angrily interrupted her mom, realizing this was the first time he had shouted at her mom.

After the moment Angus had ended his words, Jessie had turned to him giving him a big slap. Angus was stunned, realizing this was the first time his mother slapped him, but not realizing that Claire had left with a breathless cry while covering her mouth with one hand.

“I’m sorry, mom, I am not a good boy.” Angus had said when he beheld her mom’s eyes had gone red and burst out of tear. Then, Angus had run out of the house to find Claire when he didn’t see Claire.

When Angus had run out of his home, he had found Claire staggering down along the street.  “Wait!!! Dear!!!” Angus had said out loud while dashing towards Claire. He had eventually followed up Claire standing before her to stop her from walking forward. Angus had realized that Claire still shedding tears with her pair of red eyes. “I’m sorry that causing you quarreled with you mom.” Claire had said miserably, as she looking at Angus. “No…don’t…say that….it’s my fault…causing you so depressed on this holy day…I am not able to make you happy on Christmas.” Angus had started shedding tears too as he was hurt when seeing her girlfriend’s crying.

Angus had stepped forward and pressing his lip against Claire’s lip when he realizing Claire was going to talk back. This is the second time they kissed. First kiss, Claire had started while Angus had initiated their second kiss. Different setting. Different kind of mood. Different feeling.

They kissed as if forever.

*******************************************************************

Edward and Jessie are good Christians all the time and they usually went to Church of Scotland on every weekend to worship. Hence, Angus’s funeral was held at Church of Scotland on today which was the third day after Angus’s death.   

Claire woke up early in the morning but not going to campus. And instead, she skipped class and went to her beloved’s funeral. After getting ready, Claire gave Lesley a call to see if she was ready. “Are you ready, Lesley” Claire said, with her sound still seemed very miserable. “Ya…I am on the way to your hostel. Wait me outside.”  Lesley replied. “Okay”. Claire locked her room and walking down the stair then waited at the outside of the house after cut off the call.

Claire didn’t have many friends in the university. Most of her friends are assignment’s friends except Lesley who is her only best and real friend in the university. They knew each other since secondary school and tend to hangout and shopping together. More accurately, Claire, Angus and Lesley knew each other on the same day. Three of them have a very good friendship and often mixed together.

Claire took only a few minutes to wait for Lesley to come by. Quickly, she entered Lesley’s car when Lesley reached. They embarked their journey to Church of Scotland where Angus’s funeral held. The entire 20 minute drive was completely tranquil as both of them didn’t talk at all. Lesley knew that there is nothing they should talk when this kind of thing happened. Lesley looked depressed as well.

After they reached, both of them, with a heavy heart, walked towards the church. When they stepped into the church, they saw Angus’s best friends and relatives sitting at chairs given. Both sides of church placed with plenty of chairs and there were a lot of people attending the funeral. Then, Claire and Lesley walked towards Angus’s parents to express their sincere condolences. “I’m so sorry for you loss. Please accept my condolence. ” Claire said, facing Jessie and Edward. Jessie behaved herself very differently from the day on the hospital as she was in public. After expressing condolence, Claire and Lesley took a seat and waiting for the ceremony to start.

Many of their sweet memories flew through her mind when she waiting the ceremony but tears followed all the way. The ceremony ended with Angus’s friends and relative giving eulogy but Claire wasn’t give eulogy as she was just couldn’t stop crying. Not a suitable condition for delivering eulogy. May be she was just over-depressed.

*******************************************************************

Lesley drove Claire back to her after the ceremony ended and backed to her dormitory as well. “Don’t think too much. Take a break.” Lesley said to Claire before Claire left her car. “Erm. Thank for your ride.” Claire replied then left Lesley’s car strolling towards her hostel. This was their only conversation for the entire go-and-back journey.

The first thing Claire did when she stepped into her hostel was switch on her laptop as she decided to check her student portal to see what’s news as she didn’t log in for a long time. She decided it’s time to move on and focused on her study as she knew Angus’s didn’t want her to have that kind of life which she had led over the past few days before.

An unknown email popped out from the desktop when her laptop was on. She was totally went insane when she clicked open the email and saw the content. She didn’t believe the things she beheld. However, it’s undeniable fact…..

__________________________To Be Continued____________________________

Next update: next week 24/11/12

Pleasevote & comment. Your feedback is a great encouragement for me. Thank You.