Part 2 : Anjali Singh Raizada : Walking down the memory lane.

'Di where were you Di..

Your damn phone was ringing, why didn't you answer it?

It has been three days, you know ..

With all these flood news coming out,

Please tell me you did not go directly to those areas, you're fine na? Or did you? Come one..

In case I heard about you being trapped in a flooded area without protection for days like in the Mumbai incident, like last time. It is the end of your organisation and your charity work, Di.

I don't give a damn about what you do... '

' Di.. '

Anger, stress, and heat emanating from the speaker phone have transformed into a sense of loneliness and helplessness, which continues...

I'm sorry Di... All I have is you

As Anjali sat down in her chair, tears streamed down her cheeks, and without her realizing, the last words he said started echoing in her head...

Despite knowing he was venting anger, love, and affection through shouting on the phone, she wasn't able to concentrate. The last words she heard left her speechless.

Yes, she is the only one he has now. His own. Aarnav.. My baby.. My first son.. My little brother.

Suddenly, Anjali broke into tears.

'Di... You ok.. Are you crying..? Di.. Answer me.. Is everything alright?'

'Yes chotte everything is fine, you please don't worry'.

'Di are you sure?

Come here, I'll book your flight right away.

Yaar, everything is fine. Everything is fine with me. Moreover, these people are in need of me at this time.

'Hmm...' the other end of the line is silent.

'Chotte, why don't you come down..everyone is coming, didn't you know?

Mammi called me last week, saying Mamaji wanted to see Nani after bypass surgery. We haven't celebrated any festivals together for a few years. Payal and Lakshya are also coming with Akash. Naneji, bade papa, and chotti mummy are also coming, remember this is nani's 75th birthday. Can't you come? It has been 7 years since...

Anjali sounded like she was sailing through a rough sea with every word she said. It was unclear how the other end would react.

Over the past few years, she had the essence of this conversation so many times. So she knew the answer would be negative, and he may even refuse to call again for days. It will be complete silence for him, as he fully immerses himself in yet another business deal in the United States or Europe. Even the memory of home hurt him, and he needed time to heal.

'Di I will try'

'What...'

Anjali almost stood up.

Yes, Di, I think it's time to return. Did Aman send over the documents for the firm to take over. Once the flood has subsided, I would like you to visit the site. The only reason I am taking over this venture is because your guruji has high regard for it. It's not really my cup of tea to do business in South India, since I don't know the market there.'

'But Aman knew no?'

Yes he does.

This is for him too. He has been with me all these years, leaving his family behind.

Now his parents are also not well. And this UK climate is not good for Amans little one, so if we can have our base there it will be good for him. So many people made so many sacrifices for me. Now it's pay back time. I am coming back Di'

It's unbelievable, I can't believe it Chotte.

'You must..'

That's fine, Di. Let's talk soon. Need to sleep. I've an early flight to catch.

Due to Mamaji's surgery, Akash has been off for a few days. I'll be going to Boston tomorrow. There are a few meetings there, so I'll be there.

Mama needs to go to an aftercare center as well. He doesn't listen to Akash, so....'

'Yes Chotte..

Akash was telling me the same. He only listens to you. Once you reach there, I will make a video call when I have better WiFi. Please convey my love to mami, laks, and Payal.

'I will Di... I will... speak to you soon'.

Call ended.

Looking at the idol of Sivas in the corner, Anjali folded her hands in gratitude.

Hey Maha Dev..please be with my chotte..

He is perceived as rude and arrogant by everyone. However, he is hurt. He still cares for everyone. He wears this rudeness as a mask. He is still the same Arnav who fell in love with Khushiji and gave his life to her.

Then she tried to stop her memory. That name, she didn't want to mention it even in dreams ..

At that very moment... The phone rang again. A picture of a happy family appeared on the screen. A mother, father, and daughter. As the name flashed...

Payalji calling.

Anjali picked up the phone with a smile...

Thunder and rain stopped outside her office. There is a clearing in the sky. It's sunny outside...

A new day

A new beginning.