8. Duality

Taehyung POV

I hoped everyone's party idea would be a success, it's not like things could get any worse. I'm perfectly fine seeing y/n whenever she isn't all up under Jungkook. I have no right to be jealous though, but for some reason I am.

Tonight was the night I'd see her again and I'm not sure if I want to. What would I do if she doesn't want to talk to me? What if I had pushed her too far away? All of my confidence has gone out the window.

I decided to text the last person I wanted to right now but it had to be done.

Tae
Kook, are you awake?

Kook
If I wasn't than I am now. What's up?

Tae
I'm coming to your room.

Kook
Okay, let me put on pants.

Tae
Why aren't you wearing pants?

Kook
Do you really want to know the answer to that Tae? ;)

Tae
Nope, I'm good.

I waited ten more minutes after I sent my last message and went to his room. When I knocked he immediately said to come in. He was laying on the floor when I opened the door.

"Why are you on the floor Kook?"

He looked up at me. "Why are you standing Tae?"

I couldn't help the chuckle that came out. He was always goofy even when I first came here. Could I really be mad if y/n decided to choose Jungkook over me?

Yes I could.

"What did you need Tae?" He was sitting up with his legs crossed now.

"I wanted to talk about y/n. How was she after you guys left my mother's?"

"Angry, distraught, sad, hurt. Terrifying in a cute way. Like a bear cub."

A bear cub...Why do I feel like I've heard that before? And why do I have that strong headache I felt back at my mother's? I put my hand to my head to ease the feeling.

"You okay Tae?" Jungkook asked, his voice full of concern.

"Yeah, just a headache. I'm fine. Continue about y/n."

"Well, we think your mother has your old phone. The one that you and y/n used to text from a lot. When she showed me your messages you were texting a lot since this year started, but somewhere along the course of six months all your messages stop."

"You really think my mother would hide my old phone from me?"

"Let's be honest Tae, she hid a person from you. I put nothing past her."

Jungkook had a point. The way my mother treated her it was obvious that she knew of her, but why hide it? All clues hide within my old phone. I can try and act like I want to see her and go get it from her before the party.