The Contract

For Sean, things have been going pretty well in the League, or about as well as you can get with a demon inside of you bent on vengeance on any and all criminals. He was actually getting along pretty well with Flash who was sort of like a fun brother who is always ready to joke and have fun. Diana was like a second sister, looking out for him and his family, which he was thankful for since that someone else was also looking out for Ashley. Speaking of Diana, she had recently called up Sean for some help that occurred on Themyscira, her home island. Sean was willing to help in any way he could as he figured that this had to be important if Diana had come to him and asked him to go with her to the island of her sisters and mother.

The two were currently flying to the island in Sean's Javelin, skimming across the clouds as Sean piloted the aircraft to the island.

"So what's the problem that you need me to come to your home?" asked Sean as he looked over at Diana for a second.

"Something has happened to my sister Donna, she has been acting out recently. My mother has been doing her best to help Donna but she has had little success." replied Diana as she looked out the window towards the Mediterranean Sea. The sun was beginning to set, the orange and blue sky making the entire scene breathtaking.

"Sister as in blood relation?"

"Yes, Donna is my younger sister."

"Didn't know you had a younger sister. I mean you have sisters, but they were created by Hippolyta from clay as myth stated." corrected Sean as he knew that his first sentence was not necessarily true.

"Yes, Donna is my younger sister through flesh and blood." clarified Diana as she looked over at Sean. Sean nodded and began to descend a bit closer to the water. Flying through some clouds, he and Diana saw an island coming into view, rising out of the sea. Sean slowed the Javelin down a bit as he neared the landmass. Looking down, he saw several ancient Greek-styled buildings dotting the land. There was a large open area for the Javelin to land in; Sean taking it as a sign to land there and get out to meet Hippolyta and a few amazons.

"And you're sure your mother does not blame me for what happened with Aresia?" asked Sean as he landed the Javelin on the ground. Diana stood up and began to leave for the exit, Sean trailing behind.

"She doesn't know that you are the Ghost Rider." replied Diana as the exit ramp began to lower. Sean's eyes widened slightly.

"How did you not tell her? I'm supposed to use the Rider's powers to help Donna and the way to do that is with the Rider; she might end up attacking me?"

"You'll be fine; trust me."

"You I trust; just not some much the Amazons who have a strong dislike for the male populous." snorted Sean, Diana nodded her head to the side as that may be true. The exit ramp finally lowered so to let the two Leaguers out. On the ground were Hippolyta and two Amazon guards who stood behind her on her left and right. Sean followed Diana as she approached her mother to greet her.

"It is nice to see you mother." greeted Diana as she stopped in front of Hippolyta.

"Even if it is just for a short time; I trust that you brought your friend to help us in this matter?" returned Hippolyta, Diana turned to look at Sean; Hippolyta's eyes narrowed as she recognized him.

"Uh, hello your majesty." Bowed Sean as he tried to keep a strong persona, considering his last encounter, the Ghost Rider had nearly killed Aresia.

"You were the one who saved me when Aresia tried to destroy man's world."

"I was, and I apologize for any harm I may have caused you or to your daughter." apologized Sean as he looked up at Hippolyta, "Now, where is the patient?"