The Thoughts...

As Alfred walked home, he recalled every insult thrown at him.
Stupid.
Obnoxious.
Pig.
Disgusting.
Annoying.
All these words ate their way into his mind for centuries long before and continuing. They were true though. He was just an obnoxious, stupid, disgusting, annoying, pig. Hell, he even hated himself and even resorted to, well...'bad' things, just, anything to get his mind off of their poisonous words. He didn't dare resent them for that though, he loved them all, Alfred knew it was his fault. His mistakes made him this 'disgusting' being.
His dirty blonde hair bouncing in the air behind him seemed darker than usual, his skin pale, ocean eyes that used to shine, now dull.

If only he knew...

If only he knew the real truth to himself. But, alas now in the year 2016, his country's depression and his own, make a deadly match with one another.

No one knew Alfred well. If they did, they would've found a smart, broken boy that felt lost in this world.
Alfred now thought of something.

'What's my purpose here?'

Humans are born to live their life thoroughly until their death, basking in the beauty of life.
But he can't die. No matter how bad he tried.

Alfred couldn't help but think this.

He stopped in the middle of his walk home in a field of green grass surrounded by Pines. It was beautiful and it's beauty seemed to glow as the rain started to fall.
Hard.

Alfred stood under a large oak tree in the center of the field. His legs were pulled to his chest, back to the tree, arms wrapped tightly around himself. He looked up and through the foliage saw the cloudy, gray sky.
He could see the Ancients looking down on him, he felt so in shame.

With the rain hiding his tears, he bawled out his bottled feelings. He felt so miserable.

He felt so broken...

The USA was broken...

He was gonna fall...

He knew it...

Afterall...

He's just another Roman Empire...

Another failure...

__________________Author's_Note_______________

Viet: I'm so sorry I posted so late! I'm a new writer and with finals coming up I wasn't able to get this chapter out fast enough! I hope you understand! Toi rat tiec! 😣