8.1

"Will ⨊ be okay?" asked Janet when ℥enji left the ௹ace with them. "The only way we can help her is by assisting with the work and distracting her," said ℥enji. Everyone left going around performing the given tasks.

Fifty years went by in the information gathering process about NewLife. They gathered information by sending their people to work for the group and people that were associated with the organization. Some groups were raided and the people were tortured for information, others were paid out and taken over by ⨊'s people. It took a hundred and fifty years for them to erase the organization NewLife and their partners. False reports were made for raiding the place and accidents were created for wiping it out. And another fifty years to clean up the gap created by an organization that size formed, when erased.

The victims of the organization were numerous. Most of the test subjects were exterminated, since they could not be saved and were nothing more than empty husks. The only reason they were still alive was due to the experimentation, that was, conducted on them. Which allowed their bodies to prevail  beyond their lifespan.

Only the recent victims had a chance of living. Since a part of their mental state still existed and a part of them was still alive. Most of them didn't want to live and preferred to be executed, cause even  if they were healed and their memories wiped out, they still had to deal with hidden traumas and fears. They had nowhere to go. Even if they were placed in new homes, they felt lost and lonely.

It took a lot of work executing the higher-ups in the organization and their funding partners, since they were known as stand up citizens in their own societies and realms. And were well known for helping others. Numerous people couldn't believe or accept the fact that their mentors were into experimentation.