8.9

8.9

"Hi," said ⨊ looking in the direction of that thing, but never got any response or movement from it. ⨊ saw it watching her from a distance, neither retreating nor coming close. It seemed like it was a person once, but not anymore. In no way did it resemble a person, not in any form. ⨊ didn't bother to look at it too close, since it was shrouded in dark energy in an attempt to hide its self and its appearance. ⨊ waked away from the bodies of the men and left the forest.

⨊ became curious in that thing, she found it interesting. The next few days she started to observe it. ⨊ noticed that it always followed behind her, keeping up yet keeping a distance from her. ⨊ watched it from a distance, but it never did anything. It just followed her in the dark. ⨊ found out that as she left the edge of the forest, it would stay at the edge watching her walk away. Yet never following her to her cottage, even though no one was around where she lived. She decided to watch what it did once she was out of sight with her ability. She saw it standing at the edge of the forest the entire night. Gazing in the direction she left. It seemed as though it was waiting for her.

The next day when she went to the edge of the forest, it followed her as usual. ⨊ couldn't see it very well, not unless she used a bit of effort. But she was too tired to see that thing since it had nothing to do with work and it wasn't going to attack her. ⨊ sat down looking in its direction. She wanted to talk to it, but it didn't seem to want to interact with her, yet it didn't want to leave her side.