chapter 1 - This is the Part Where You Run

Outfits Link:

https://urstyle.com/collections/83156

Day One

Night - Salvatore Boarding School - Outside

It was a very dark night out as there was a slow pan across the Salvatore Boarding School grounds.

Kaylin: (voice over) "When we're young, we're taught the distinction between a hero and a villain. Good and evil. A savior and a lost cause. But what if the only real difference is who's telling the story?"

Kaylin was walking through a wooded area between the school and the cast iron gates.

Kaylin: (voice over) "My name is Kaylin Salvatore-Mikaelson. I come from a large family of the villains in the tales you've heard about. Vampires, werewolves, witches, psychics, and everything in between. Both my family by blood and family by marriage would be filled with those kind of villains that could also feel like normalcy. My brothers Stefan and Damon, the Huntress Nicola as my niece that's more like a sister. Stefan and Damon's wives, Alex and Elena. Their sister Liv and her husband, my best friend Cristian Hunter. Klaus as my husband. Elijah, Kassandra, Rebekah, Kol and Freya as siblings in law. Elijah is Nicola's husband. Our friend, formerly Eliza Forbes, is Kol's wife. Not to mention Kassandra's husband Lucien Castle. The extended family of Hayley and Riley Grey, may they rest in peace, Mikayla Labonair-Lockwood, Marcel Gerard, Noah and Caitlin Dumaine, formerly Harris for the redhead Strix queen Caitlin, and Auria Rayvnne. And don't even get me started on the long road that led the hero-like supernaturals Kacie Lockwood, Tory, Luke and Ryan Thompson, and Lindsey Davis-Thompson, to even becoming extended family with all of us as well. The school behind these gates protects the secrets of people like the children we would all die to protect. My daughter Rae, stepdaughter Hope, adoptive niece, Kol and Eliza's adoptive daughter Madison Fell-Mikaelson, Lindsey and Ryan's children Emma and Danny Davis-Thompson, and little Lyla Thompson, Tory and Luke's daughter. And Mikayla and Kacie's new adoptive daughter, Ariara Nata. And tonight, under the light of the full moon, we will be opening our doors to someone new."

-

Atlanta, Georgia

All Saint's Church - Outside

Owen Church, Landon Kirby and their foster brother, Rafael Waithe, were walking down the street toward the Catholic church. Owen and Landon were incredulous and exasperated by the plans for the evening.

"Rafael, seriously, it's not right," Owen told him.

"Owen, Landon, it is what it is," Rafael told them.

"You're not Catholic," Landon told him. "You shouldn't have to confess your sins."

"I tossed a lawnmower through the patio doors, bros," Rafael told them. "If apologizing to God gets Hector and Maria off my back, so be it."

-

Inside

Landon, Owen and Rafael walked in, looking toward where their foster parents, Hector and Maria, were standing at the sacristy with their priest.

Rafael greeted them nervously, speaking in Spanish. "Buenas tardes, Father Pietro. [Good evening, Father Pietro.]"

Father Pietro nodded in return. "Buenas tardes, Rafael. Por favor, pray with me."