chapter 8 - Maybe I Should Start From the End

From 1.05 "Malivore", outside the school, Nicola, Hope, Rae, Kaylin and Madison were managing the supernatural tests for Owen and Landon.

Hope: (voice over) "Previously on Worlds Colliding (Legacies)."

Kaylin was just stunned and exasperated. "Okay, what the hell? Why is Owen showing a lot of supernatural abilities, and Landon is showing like, zero?"

Later, Lindsey and Ryan were talking to them.

"Owen and Landon are real brothers," Ryan explained. "But Owen has like two other bloodlines in his system."

"Well, if Owen has two other lineages different than Landon's, it explains why Owen is showing supernatural abilities and why Landon isn't," Madison told them.

"So what does that mean?" Nicola asked. "I mean, if Owen has two other lineages different than the one he shares with Landon, and Owen's blood is bursting with magical traces, but Landon has none?"

"We don't know yet," Lindsey admitted.

"Which means you need to find out more about Owen and Landon's past," Ryan told them.

From 1.05 "Malivore", lakeside, Hope, Rae, Madison, Kaylin, Nicola, Owen and Landon were sitting on the dock overlooking the lake by the school.

"Who are your parents?" Hope asked.

"Our mom's name is Seylah," Landon answered.

From 1.05 "Malivore", on the bus, Landon and Owen were on the bus to New Orleans, looking at the pictures of them with Seylah when they were babies, looking at them closely for a moment before sitting back and thinking about the start of their new adventure in New Orleans. The camera zoomed in on the photos, taking note of the fact that Seylah was wearing a necklace with a pendant that was the same seven-pointed star symbol that the Dryad had carved into the wax on the dusty table.

Landon: (voice over from 1.05 Malivore) "That's pretty much all we know. She gave us up for adoption when we were babies, and that's why we got separated and didn't realize we were real brothers until recently."

From 1.05 "Malivore", at the bus stop, Hope and Madison were saying goodbye to Landon and Owen.

"Marcel Gerard, Auria Rayvnne, and Noah and Caitlin Dumaine, we asked them to help you find your birth mom," Madison explained.

"We couldn't get you the answers that you wanted, but Marcel, Noah, Caitlin and Auria can, with this," Hope told them, holding out a bag with their folders with their names on them. 

Hope pulled out leather wrist cuffs with glowing blue stones, as Hope and Madison fastened them around Landon and Owen's wrists, much to their confusion.

"What is this?" Owen asked

"If you ever need us, just pressed those buttons, and our bracelets will lead us to you," Hope told them.

Hope pointed at the bracelets that she and Madison were wearing, similar leather cuffs.

From 1.07 "Death Keeps Knocking On My Door", in the dungeon of the school, Kaylin, Nicola, Kacie, Mikayla, Hope, Rae, Madison and Ariara sat outside of the Necromancer's cell.

Ariara showed the Necromancer her journal, which had a drawing of the symbol that the Dryad had shown to her, Kacie, Mikayla, Tory, Luke, Lyla and Alaric, and the symbol that Landon and Owen's mother had on a necklace. "I'm assuming you know this symbol."

The Necromancer glared at the symbol, having to take a step back. "It is the sign of the worst existential nightmare."

"Malivore," Rae stated.