Chapter 12

Lisa pov

Why the hell is Jennie not picking up my call? It's already late for Lilly's parent meeting with her teacher.
Suddenly I heard a ding which came from my phone. Jennie texted me.

"Busy. Can't talk rn."

"Really Jen?even today."I thought.
While thinking of Jennie's absence again Lilly got called for the meeting.

"So, Mrs Kim?"

"I'm not Mrs Kim. I'm Lisa Manoban."

"Well I'm pretty sure Lilly's mother is a Kim."

"Yeah right. Actually she is busy. So she can't come right now."

"But I'm obliged to talk with parents only."

"Well, you can talk with me. I'm officially Lilly's guardian."

"Oh, okay sure. But please make sure that Mrs Kim comes in the next meeting."
The meeting ends and I come out with Lilly.

"Why mommy didn't came today, buddy?"

"She's busy, baby."

"She's always busy. She don't have time for me. She doesn't love me."

I can see Lilly's face fuming with anger and it's gonna burst anytime and she's gonna cry. I immediately hugged her and kissed her forehead.
"Baby, don't be mad okay. No matter what happens mommy always loves you. It's just she's working hard for you."

She's not responding any more. She's just like her mother. Stubborn. But what can I do? I love them.

"Baby you know what? Let's go and eat some Ice cream."

Hearing the word ice cream her face lighten up.

"ICE CREAM!!"

"Yes baby."

"Many many many Ice creams?"

"Yes many many many Ice creams."

No one's pov
Today is Lisa's birthday. She will confess to Jennie today. But she decided to talk about Lilly first. She thought it's high time now. Jennie should actually care about this things. Jennie's absence in important moments of Lilly's life, coming home late every night. This should end now. She should face Jennie now and make her realise what she is missing. Lisa decided to stay woke up. So after she put Lilly on bed she came to the living room. She was waiting and she fall asleep while waiting. She woke up hearing a door click. She looked up to the clock it's 2 am. She is sure that it's Jennie. She just can't believe Jennie came this late.
"Lisa?!" Jennie asked shocked as Lisa never really stay up this late.

"Hey."

"Why you didn't went to sleep?"

"Well, I was waiting for you. And Jen I'm shocked to see you came home at 2."

"Lisa,I-" Jennie paused.

Lisa found the pause very awkward.

"You must have been very busy again Jen."

"Y-Yeah."

"Whatever happened is in the past now. We should look forward for the future now."

"Huh?"

"Jen you need to stop all this."

"What do you mean?"

"Jen I don't wanna be rude or something. But you need to focus on Lilly more. You have always been busy. And I think you gonna continue this if I don't point this thing out to you. Jen, a child needs her mother the most. But you have always been missing in her life. You go early in the morning and come late at night. She barely sees you. It's not good for her. Jen this might sound wrong but I suggest you to resign from your job to give Lilly enough time and maybe find a part time job if you wan-"

"Are you now the one who decide things about my own goddamn life?"

"Jen it's not like that. I just want the best for Lilly."

"You think you know what's good for my child better than me?"

"No Jen-"

"Enough Lisa. Just because I stay in your condo it's doesn't mean you're gonna decide things for me and my baby."

"Je-"

"I should've listened to Kai when he told me to start living with him at his place."

"Kai?" Lisa asked confused.

___________________________________________________

Vote and comment if you want.

Take care everyone💕