Chapter 2: Sins Never Leave

"Lillian, Uncle Joey isn't crazy he's psychotic. He chants in a language I've never heard before, he constantly mentions that...THAT INK DEMON." Ashley angrily grunted. 

"Uncle Joey needs help. Can you come with me to take him to Heartstone Hospital? I'm afraid to go alone." Ashley genuinely sounded terrified. 

"I'll be right over," I replied and hung up. I quietly left my room. Mom's room door was slightly open. 

Mom was still sleeping since it was 6 a.m. I slowly walked down the stairs trying not to make a sound. When I reached downstairs I grabbed my coat and the keys. I softly closed the front door. Then I started the car heading my way to Joey's place. I didn't bother turning on the radio. I soon pulled up to Joey's drive-through. Ashley struggled to get Joey out of the door. I closed the car door walking up Joey's steps. 

"Uncle Joey, those demons aren't real. It's all in your head!" Ashley said with her face red with anger. 

"I'm Alice Angel! I'm the hit of the party, I'm the belle of the ball, I'm the toast of every town. Just one little dance and I know you'll fall..." Joey is singing a song. 

"Wait! Ashley, listen." I said. 

"I'm Alice Angel! I ain't no flapper, I'm a classy dish, and boy, can this girl sing. This gal can grant your every wish...I'm Alice Angel!" Joey finished the song. 

"I know that song from somewhere." 

"I knew this wasn't a good idea. Letting you stay with Uncle Joey. Don't bother trying to figure this mystery out." Ashley started pushing Joey's wheelchair through the front door. 

We both managed to get Joey in the van slowly driving to Heartstone Hospital. Joey eventually fell asleep in his wheelchair. The drive to the hospital felt like hours even though the hospital was less than fifteen minutes. Once we arrived we both admitted Joey into the mental institution. Joey had started to act up. 

"Uncle Joey, they will fix you," Ashley said as Joey started crying. 

"This won't solve anything. My sins will carry on. HE DOESN'T FORGET MY SINS!" Two nurses held him tight to his wheelchair. 

Joey tried to go against the nurses. "Dreams come true, Ashley." Joey could barely hold himself together. 

"I know Uncle Joey. Dreams do come true." Ashley held Joey's hand. 

"This is for the better." A tear fell down Ashley's cheek. 

"Can I talk to Lillian one last time?" Joey asked. Ashley gave me an angry stare. 

"Go ahead." Ashley stepped away from Joey. I could feel Ashley's tension towards me. 

"Lillian..." Joey pulls my arm closer. "Don't forget your fate. Save them." Joey let go of my arm as the nurses pulled him away.

*  *  *

It has been three weeks since Ashley left off for college. Since she left I had decided to maintain Joey's house. I've grown to love this place. It's quiet, cozy, and entertaining in away. Yesterday, I found a large stack of Bendy cartoons in the storage closet. I remember watching some as a child. Ashley and I would gather near the TV to watch new episodes. This was before Dad left. I was only 5 years old. Ashley only 3. I don't remember much of my early childhood. 

Other than everyone around me was happy. Even the day Dad left she had a smile on her face when she told him she loved him. I didn't know where Dad was going at the time. Mom replied, "He's seeing some old friends." Being only 5 at the time I didn't question it.