Chapter 3: Trails of Ink Leave Puddles

As I opened my eyes it took a minute to adjust to the low light environment. Where am I?  I stood up from the floor struggling to walk in the darkness. Once my eyes adjusted I could make out more things. There were several valves in the corners of the room. I opened the door to the next room. There was a small candle in the corner. It had been made from a can. The wording on the can is faded. I walked into the room to see a pentagram painted on the floor with ink. A candle was placed at the edge of each point of the star. 

I froze in horror. A paper laid in the middle of the pentagram and read The demon is hungry for more, Lillian. That creature knows my name. Even more terrifying is the two coffins leaning against the wall. Walking past the pentagram I hoped the next room wouldn't be my father hanging dead from the ceiling. Instead, it was a hallway. 

A floorboard fell from the ceiling before I made it to the bottom of the stairs. I entered into a candlelit space. He will set us free was written in ink on the walls. There was an audio log on a shelf in the back of the room. I clicked play.

He appears in the shadows to rain his sweet blessings upon me. The figure of ink that shines in the darkness. I see you, my savior. I pray you hear me.

These old songs, I still sing them. For I know you are coming to save me. And I will be swept into your final loving embrace. 

But, love requires sacrifice. 

Can I get an amen?

My first impression is that this is some sort of cult. A secret society. I played the tape again this time seeing if I could recognize the voice. The voice does sound familiar. I just couldn't tell from where. I set the audio log back in its original spot and continued walking. I reached an ink-filled hallway. The sticky ink-soaked my pants. I waddled my way to the end of the hallway. A person walked with a Bendy cutout in their hand. 

"Excuse me! Hello!" I called. 

I looked around for the person. They're gone. Bacon soup cans were stacked on a shelf. The gate is missing some cells. Oh, great. I thought to myself. I moved the bacon soup cans. The label read Briar Bacon Soup. I found a switch then a light turned on my the gate. I searched around the whole area again flipping the switches. I reached the gate then pulled the lever. The gate raised revealing a boarded-up doorway. I wish I had an ax. 

I kicked the boards creating a small hole to crawl in. The large room was mostly empty. The edges of the room were strangely lit. I found a small hallway that had the exit at the bottom of an ink-filled staircase. A lever was attached to the wall. The sign above reading Main Power. Why is everything labeled in bold capital letters? 

I pulled the lever turning on all the other lights in the area. The giant banner said Music Department. A record player laid on the floor. I played the record. The sweet tune played in the space. I swayed with the music forgetting where I am. I closed my eyes and let the music take over. 

"I like drums." I pointed at the giant drums in the back of the room. 

"You like drums? Go ahead play one." I played on the drums letting the sound play. 

"I want to hear song." I pointed at the cello placed in the back of the room. The man grabbed my hand and called someone. Several men and women came and grabbed instruments. The melody started to play in the room. 

"There is a little devil everyone loves. His large cute eyes and his vibrant smile. His energy captures the whole room. Where does he come from? The lighter side of hell! Nothing can compare to his mischevious ways. His perfect pointy ears. And when he laughs the whole world stops. Where does he come from?"