Chapter 24

Todoroki was waiting outside of Recovery Girl's office. He wanted to beat the shit out of Bakugo for hitting Lucy. He sees the bots round the corner and quickly straightens up and rushes over to the door and holds it open. He follows the bots in and helps lay Lucy on the bed as Recovery Girl eyes him as she walks over.

"She is going to be okay, dearie." Recovery Girl said causing Todoroki to jump away quickly, embarrassed.

"Uhh, yeah. I know, she is very strong." he said looking away. Recovery Girl checks her over and nods. "Just as I thought, she is going to be just fine. The explosion itself didn't cause much damage, she was just exhausted from overusing her power.

Just then, Bakugo slams the door open and makes eye contact with Todoroki. They glare at each other as Bakugo walks into the room and over to Wendy sitting next to her with his back facing the others. "The fuck is your problem, half and half?!" he exclaims feeling Todoroki's eyes still piercing his back.

"Nothing" he coldly says not wanting to start a fight with Bakugo. He knew Lucy wouldn't want that. "Tch" Bakugo says as he watches Wendy sleeping.

After a few minutes of awkward silence, Wendy's fingers twitch and she slowly opens her eyes. Bakugo sits up straight noticing that she is waking up. Wendy's eyes meet his as she slowly sits up.

"Man, Lucy's attack really got me good. Everything still hurts." she croaks out gaining the attention of Todoroki and Recovery Girl who walk over. Recovery Girl asks Wendy some questions and kisses her forehead to heal her since she regained some energy, but felt tired again after her treatment.

She turns to Bakugo and notices Lucy in a bed behind him. She smiles, "Oh? Since Lucy is over there sleeping.. does that mean..?" she trailed off prompting the explosive boy to answer. He gives a prideful smirk. "Fucking of course, I crushed that bitch and won the whole festival." he said looking for Wendy's approval.

His heart skipped a beat when he finally got the smile he was waiting for. "Good job, Katsuki!" she cheered out and slowly began to stand up.

"The fuck? What do you think you're doing?" Bakugo says earning a strange look from Wendy.

"I feel better now! I just needed a bit of rest. I am going to heal Lucy now that I have some of my magic power back." she said walking over to Lucy and standing over her. She put out her hands and healed Lucy's few scratches and restored some of her stamina.

Lucy woke up and smiled in relief seeing Wendy over her. "Heya Wendy! Good to see you doing better!" she cheered out. Wendy giggled in return. "I could say the same about you, Lucy!"

"Yeah, no kidding. Carla gave me her magic power to fight Bakugo, but I used every bit of it. I have completely drained my magic power twice today... I am so sleeping in tomorrow." she said and Wendy giggles.

Lucy then notices Bakugo and Todoroki. She gives them a huge smile. "Hey Bakugo, I guess I should say congrats on your win. You really surprised me. I really thought I would take you down with that big attack." Bakugo scoffed, but smirked in return.

"Whatever blondie, I fucking destroyed you. Don't ever forget that either, dumbass." he said.

Just then, Midnight walked into the room. "Hey girls! You two did wonderful today! Just as I would expect from my lovely young women! I know you are still tired, but we have to begin the award ceremony, and we have all four of our winners right here in the same room. Thanks for making my job easy! Let's get this over with shall we?"

Lucy starts to get out of bed when Todoroki bends down in front of her. She stares at him in confusion. "Uhh, what are you doing?" she asked.

Todoroki looked at her over his shoulder. "You are still tired. Get on, I will carry you until we reach the arena." Lucy smiles sweetly at him before hopping onto his back. Todoroki stands up and starts following the three who already started walking ahead. Lucy lays her head on Todoroki's back.