AUTHOR'S NOTE

Kuteesa Frank is my full name. I'm a Ugandan writer, illustrator and aspiring filmmaker based in Uganda.

At the age of 14, I read The Chronicle of Narnia, the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S Lewis.

This inspired me to create The Ascendants book series which early this year (2023), I renamed The Chronicles of Gebia. Initially, this was meant to be a single title/story but I changed goals posts to make it an anthology/legendarium spanning several parts which reflect more on African Mythologies and folklore just like Tolkien and C.S Lewis did for their most famous works.

At 16 years I watched J.R.R Tolkien's - The Lord of the Rings and Hobbits fantasy stories filmed by Peter Jackson. And I tell you, this changed everything I knew about fantasy storytelling.

To me, Tolkien and C.S Lewis are indeed grandmasters in this high fantasy genre. I read the books and re.watched the films many times over which greatly helped in my WORLD BUILDING.

I am an African and a lover of African culture and heritage. As I grew older, I learned that USA and BRITISH Syfy & Fantasy dominated close to 75% of the world's Syfy & Fantasy genres. If the remainder comprised a majority of the other highly developed countries, where did Africa's publication of Syfy & Fantasy fall?

Most of the USA and BRITISH Syfy & Fantasy basically promoted Western mythologies, folklore, legends, cultures and norms...
This created a big question in my head. Where is Africa? Africa as a continent comprises over, I repeat OVER 3000 naturally diverse tribes and 2000 languages.

When you break this down, Africa must comprise close to half of the world's total number of cultures - untapped including 80% of the world's oldest myths, folklore, beliefs and more.

J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis created one of the world's most popular fantasy worlds ever and both reflected on European cultures, traditions folklore and mythologies not to forget histories most familiar to European people these two lived among and associated with on a daily.

What do we have in Africa to equate to what those two did? I am soured. I love their works and I truly wish to do the same with the creation of the CHRONICLES OF GEBIA series. It is an African fantasy, deeply centred on Africa's multi-cultural, mythological, historical and archaeological. That's to mean that 99% of what you will read/find in this part (unlike the later part) is highly parallel with J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis's style, goal/ vision... but in a very African manner.

The Chronicles of Gebia series will comprise 4 parts/books and is a project I have highly researched and developed over a period of eleven years now. Adapting these into films is my long-term goal but to grow a fan base, comics come in a lot handy.

Creating a long-running series of comic books based on these books led me to the registration of a creator company/studio called Black Wonders Ent.

The studio comprises a team of young, self-motivated, energetic and very ambitious talents.

And as we speak, Black Wonders Ent, sponsored by Black Ripple Studios is developing the FIRST issue of the Chronicles of Gebia (Currently become part one of the Chronicles of Gebia book series.) into comic books... - based on TSOTE, the major protagonist of Chronicles of Gebia - Tsote. (The third book in the Chronicles of Gebia prequel.)

)

***

***

It may sound complex with dozens of important characters from diverse histories and cultures, meeting unique obstacles and pursuing seemingly different goals that affect our major protagonist's journey and goals, but trust that you will love it.

Tsote our Protagonist is a unique and extraordinary teenage boy from an Ancient Africa-like continent (-known as Gebia) in a world known as - Geb.

His age, aspirations and what he encounters through this plot/journey adventure are and will remain very appealing to readers of all ages most especially those aged between 13 to 35.

***

NOTICE:

The story has been split into two parts.

They are both renamed - The Chronicles of Gebia. However, the first part has been sub-titled - The Chronicles of Gebia: Tsote (LINK: https://www.wattpad.com/story/194107181-the-chronicles-of-gebia-tsote ) while the second part ( - which will be uploaded in parts below here) is sub-titled - The Chronicles of Gebia: Mystery of the Olko beads.

com/story/194107181-the-chronicles-of-gebia-tsote ) while the second part ( - which will be uploaded in parts below here) is sub-titled - The Chronicles of Gebia: Mystery of the Olko beads

***
We are *Atro Universe*, and after the conclusion of the mystery of the Olko beads, we will begin converting it into a comic. If you'd like to follow or learn more about the status of our project, click here the link provided here; (Link - https://www.patreon.com/atrouniverse or https://www.linkedin.com/in/black-wonders-ent-28a3b6248/ )

***

THIS MEANS YOU NEED TO FIND THE FIRST PART TO BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND PART TWO WHICH I HOPE TO START UPLOADING HERE SOON!

***

😊ENJOY EVERY PAGE OF THE WAY😊