Chapter 3

I slide the bodycon dress over my body. It's baby blue and hugs my body perfectly almost making me look... sexy? It reaches to about the middle of my thighs and is held up by two thin straps on my shoulders. I put on my white trainers because I absolutely hate heels I HATE them, what's the point of letting myself be in pain all night when I can just be comfortable in my trainers. I'm standing in front of the mirror now observing the way I look, my hair is slightly curled and is dangling below my shoulders, I put on some mascara, did my eyebrows and some highlighter just to make a little change. My eyes look big but not in a scary way. My eyebrows look natural and my face lights up in all the right places. When I'm finally satisfied with myself I quickly nod at my reflection in the mirror and leave my house.

I drive to Amelia's house but keep the car there because she tells me Ryan's house is only two streets down so we can just walk it. I'm glad Amelia agreed to come it makes me feel more comfortable. She looks beautiful again with her hair slightly wavy tonight instead of her natural straight hair. She has more make up on, a full face but it still looks natural and not caked on. She's wearing a small, pink cropped top with a flared out white, pleated skirt that is a little higher than mine but still covers her ass cheeks. She's wearing silver heels that are about 3 inches tall, making her taller than me. She looks beautiful and she makes it look so effortless it makes me jealous in a way. Not of her but of how effortlessly she can be to be beautiful, even if I tried I still wouldn't even use that word to describe myself.

We finally arrive to the large modern looking house, the outside a fountain is placed in the middle of his driveway. Ryan's house is grand and coloured white with two large, black doors at the entrance. You can already hear the music pounding through the walls it feels like the floor is vibrating. I spot a girl crouched over by the bushes to the right of the house being sick. I turn back and knock at the door, to then realise it's been left open, well of course, how else would anyone hear knocking with music playing that loudly.

Amelia and I look at each other and walk inside, the house is even more beautiful on the inside, a grand set of stairs that are now being occupied by numbers of people walking up and down them. Although the house is now a mess you can see it's beauty. Amelia and I just look at each other in pure shock of the way Ryan's house is. We walk towards the living room, which is packed full of hot bodies. I look to the right of the room and there are two large speakers blasting music out of them, and then the centre is filled with people dancing, girls and boys sex crazed grinding on each other. I also spot about three different couples kissing each other like they're each other's oxygen. One of them I notice it's Evan, he's with a small, blonde haired girl and she's straddled around his waist, I smile and drag Amelia into the kitchen.

I quickly grab two red cups asking Amelia what she wants and she just shrugs and shouts over the music
"I'll take anything!" A smug smile covering her face.
I pour us both a vodka and coke it's the first thing I could see.
"I'm going to go and talk to my friends over there, if u need me scream, I'm joking but I'll see u in a little bit" Amelia tells me whilst walking away. I shout back "wow already leaving me? I'm jokinggggg I'll go look for my frie...well I'll go make friends" Amelia and I both laugh leaving each other through the crowds. I don't know what to do with myself, I look around for a familiar face but none I recognise. I wonder where Harvey is? I mean he did tell me to come, will he be wondering where I am? Oh don't fool yourself skylar, the voice inside my head shouts, he don't care about you. I roll my eyes as if to tell my conscience to fuck off. I down my drink in a matter of seconds and poor myself another. What? I should at least drink away my boredom to make this a little more fun.

4 drinks down and I'm still standing in the kitchen, it's only been ten minutes, I've just been drinking really fast. I decide to go and find Ryan to tell him how good the party is, even though I've been alone in the kitchen for the last ten minutes. I start to walk but stumble a little bit forgetting how quickly I've been drinking, my vision blurs slightly but I quickly get myself back to normal. I walk towards the massive sliding doors leading to the garden outside, I step outside and see even more people, either sitting around swaying slightly because of how wasted they are, or they're being sick, making out or smoking. I look around and see the familiar face of Charlie, I smile instantly and he pulls me into a massive hug

"Sky you're here! It's about time I was missing you"

his words slurred but not to the point where I can't understand. He pulls me towards the group he was standing with and then that's when familiarity hits me with the faces. As we stand there all the boys eyes are bulging out of their heads looking me up and down, this makes me nervous. I start studying them one by one until I see Ryan,
"RYAN! Hi I was looking everywhere for you, i just wanted to say thank you and tell you how good the party is!" He smiles back at me grabbing me into a hug and states
"I'm so glad you came, you look so beautiful!" I feel myself blushing the moment the words leave his mouth, he is very good looking but yet I somehow see him like he'd be my brotherly figure. I continue looking around the group and that's when I see him. He's wearing a tight white T-shirt that shows off his very attractive, toned body, the same signature black, ripped jeans, with trainers that are identical to mine.
"Matching trainers I see" I blurt out almost too quickly, he rolls his eyes and looks me up and down whilst studying my whole body, every curve, every imperfection, every single detail. I feel flustered so I turn my head straight to his face giving him eye contact and question
"Is there an issue?" He shakes his head and says
"Definitely no issue, I'm just surprised with what you're wearing, you didn't seem like the type" what does he mean by that, what's he trying to say
"What's that supposed to mean" I question again but this time my voice full of attitude, he runs his hands through his dark, curly, brown hair and rolls his eyes the same way he always does and replies
"Not everything I say is meant to offend, I'm just used to your clothes being a little less flattering" I scoff instantly with my face screwing up. He does realise that's still offensive right? Even if he is trying to compliment me.
"You know that's still rude, you're rude u can't put a compliment and a sly remark in the same sentence." I state nonchalantly but still slightly irritated. He stands closer to me our bodies only inches away, my pulse quickens instantly to him, he has such an effect on me. He leans down and whispers into my ear
"I was trying to say u look good, like very good" his hot breath tickles my face and neck leaving behind goosebumps. He lifts his head back up not changing the proximity of our bodies and smiles like an actual genuine smile, his teeth are perfectly straight and are shiny white. I shiver slightly by the sight of him and the effect he is currently having on me. I just stare at him I don't reply. I don't know what to say, I'm breathless.

"Wow, the girl with the big mouth actually keeps her mouth closed, I'm completely shocked would, never have expected that." He tells me with a grin on his face and his tone playful, he's obviously slightly buzzed because he's not being terrible to me for once. My smile escapes instantly from my mouth covering my face.

" I'm just surprised that you're not being a dickhead." He looks at me with that same look that make my legs go weak.

"Oh no I spoke too soon, there's my favourite insulter!" Did I just hear him right? Did he just refer to me as his favourite, but he hates me, I'm so confused. I quickly reply to him " Your favourite, aha, that must be a joke, you clearly don't like me"
He looks confused at this statement and his lips press together in a thin line before he says
" I don't not like you, you intrigue me, there's something about u that makes you interesting to me, you speak your mind and you don't fall at my feet like every other girl." I look at him with my jaw to the floor, I quickly lift it up and he continues "you're different from everyone else, I can tell." My heart pounds in my chest, this side of Harvey I don't hate, he's being nice in his way-almost flattering.

"Well yes I am different and I am definitely not like every other girl" he nods his head at me in an approving sort of way and as he's about to speak we hear Charlie shout " COME ON GUYS LETS PLAY SOME GAMES, LETS MAKE THIS PARTY A LITTLE MORE INTERESTING!" He winks straight away after his revelation to everyone. Harvey turns away from me and starts to walk. There he is the Harvey I know, the obnoxious, rude one who thinks he's better than everyone else, walking away from someone mid conversation, leaving them alone. HOW RUDE CAN U BE!

"Are you coming?" Harvey turns to me meeting my eyes, I hesitate but nod my head in agreement and walk in his direction. Okay okay I may have been a little harsh and spoken too soon but he still walked away mid conversation so there is some truth to my little outburst. Then it hits me, oh god?! what games are we playing, horny teenagers, alcohol, and a party. What am I letting myself in for...