Chapter 11

SKYLAR'S POV

I woke up, after a horrible nights sleep. I thought I was fine, little did I know I'd be crying all night. I read this fact that said emotional pain lasts for 12 minutes, and that anything longer than that is self-inflicted. I disagree, because, the pain was already there, caused by something else. I'm not heartbroken, definitely not, that would be stupid. I'm just hurt that Harvey treated me the way he did. After crying all night, this morning my attitude has completely changed my walls are up and they won't come down. I've been hurt before, and it's not happening again.

I stand up from the bed and gather my bearings, I'm still in the guest room, and I'm still alone. I walk over to the modern bathroom and stand in front of the mirror, inspecting myself. My eyes are red and puffy from where I was crying, lucky I took my make up off before I slept, otherwise it would be all down my face. I breathe a large sigh and walk out, I don't want to be in this room any more, it's filled with thoughts of that dickhead. So before I know it I'm walking out of the room and Down the stairs to try and find anyone that may be awake. I finally reach the living room and instantly feel relieved at the sight of Amelia. She has her head down but the tv is on, I walk over to her straight away, I can't tell her what happened, I can't tell anyone. I just don't feel like it, it's not that I don't trust her I just don't want to talk about it.

"Hey, what's up with you?" I question Amelia with a wide smile on my face. She looks at me, huffs and then looks back down.

"I slept with Evan" she whispers to me. I feel surprised but I don't show it. I knew she was going to do something but I didn't expect her to actually sleep with him.

"Wow, erm well how was it?" I giggle to her quietly. She smiles at me and begins her rant.

"Oh my god, it was the best I've ever had, just before doing anything we agreed there would be no strings, but I already had feelings and I agreed anyway. I'm so stupid. I have feelings for a player. It makes it worse that it was so good. I just agh I don't know what to do sky HELP ME." She's left breathless after letting it all out. I frown at her, I feel bad for her.

"Ah baby I'm sorry. Why don't you just tell him how you feel and see how he reacts" easier said than done "you never know he could be in the exact same boat as you" practice what you preach Skylar Andrews. Amelia looks like she's in deep thought, she looks worried, just as I'm about to speak she opens her mouth.

"You know what I'm just going to do it, what's the worst that can happen right?" I smile at her proud she's got so much confidence.

"I mean you could get rejected" Amelia's face drops and I instantly begin laughing. "I'm joking, I'm joking you definitely won't I can see the way you look at each other. Just suck it up and get your mans!" I say to her as inspirational as I possibly can.
She nods at me and stands up walking to her room upstairs, where I'm sure Evan is.

If only I had that confidence, if only the boy that I liked weren't an absolute dick. I don't like him. I know exactly what I need to do to prove it to myself. I need to get someone else. However bad that sounds, I don't mean it in the way you think. It wouldn't be a distraction, I need to date, to get out there and yes distract myself, but also find someone worthy of my trust. Just as I'm talking myself up of my new plan both Charlie and Brooke walk through the door and sit down. Charlie sits right next to me whereas Brooke sits on the sofa to the left of us.

"Hm where did you two come from?" I laugh, wriggling my eyebrows at the pair of them. Both of them look at each other and laugh.

"We had sex" Brooke states bluntly, but the smile doesn't leave her face. She said it so carelessly. I choke on the air In my throat from the bluntness of it.