seven

me writing this chapter

-

"I can't believe we're doing this," Mike said.

"Oh, come on. We have Thanksgiving break tomorrow, it's fine," (Y/n) said.

"I guess you're right. We didn't have anything important today anyway," Mike said with a shrug. The two walked down the street towards the nearby strip mall.

They didn't know what to do, but all they knew is that they wanted to be together. Neither of them admitted it, but they had the same thought in the back of their heads.

They made it to the strip mall and walked into 7/11. The one (Y/n) goes to with Steve every Thanksgiving.

"Ah, (Y/n)! Glad to see you back in town," the cashier said. He was an old man with a worn 7/11 vest on and a pair of thick rimmed glasses tucked into the pocket.

"Glad to see you too, Gary," she said with a smile. Mike felt extremely awkward and started walking through the aisles, scanning the items.

"Want anything?" (Y/n) asked, holding an energy drink and a bag of (f/candy).

"Oh, uh. Sure. I can pay," Mike said, grabbing a KitKat.

"Nah, it's on me," she said, grabbing the KitKat and walking to the front. She pulled out a small wad of cash and payed for their snacks before heading out.

"You didn't have to do that," Mike said. (Y/n) laughed and shook her head, handing Mike his KitKat.

"It's fine. Steve gave me money," she said, cracking open the energy drink can.

"Oh, that's c-" Mike was interrupted by his walkie talkie making sounds in his backpack.

"Mike?! Are you there?"

It was Lucas.

Mike groaned and walked to the side of the 7/11 building, tossing his backpack next to him.

"Can I take this?" Mike asked. (Y/n) nodded and walked back into the 7/11 to talk to Gary.

"Mike!" Lucas yelled. Mike pressed the 'talk' button.

"What?" He snapped.

"El and Will! They're back! They came for visit early," Lucas explained. Mike's jaw dropped.

"Oh. Well, that's great!" Mike said, his voice cracking.

"They're staying at your house this time," Lucas said.

Whenever Will and El came back to visit, they stayed at another member of the party's house. Last Christmas it was Max, and last Thanksgiving it it was Dustin. Now it's Mike.

"Great!" Mike said, trying to sound excited.

"Also, why aren't you at school? You're not with (Y/n), are you?" Lucas asked.

"I am, actually. Why?" Mike asked, concerned.

"That chick is bad news. Apparently she went to boarding school because she used to be a total rebel. Someone said she stabbed a man," Lucas said. Mike rolled his eyes.

"I highly doubt that. Get back to class, Sinclair," Mike said, taking the batteries out of his walkie talkie.

"I didn't do it," (Y/n) said. Mike jumped and turned around, facing her. She was leaning against the building, sipping on her energy drink.

"I figured," Mike said, heaving his bag over his shoulder.

"My brother did. Troy," she said calmly.

"Your brother is Troy?!" Mike asked.

"Yep. When he threatened to stab Dustin a couple years ago, his friend told the cops it was me, not Troy. Troy said the same thing, so my parents freaked and sent me to boarding school. Apparently Troy made me take the fall for everything he did, including stabbing that dude a couple years back," she explained, taking a long sip from her energy drink.

"That's horrible. I'm sorry," Mike said.

"It's whatever. Steve and I hate Troy, and apparently the whole school does too," (Y/n) said with a laugh.

"Yeah. How come I never heard about this?" Mike asked.

"My parents kept it on the down low. I was a loser at Hawkins Middle, so no one really noticed that I was gone," she said with a shrug.

"That makes sense. I'm sorry you had to go through that," Mike said.

"It's fine. Most people are scared of me now," she said sadly.

"I'm not," Mike said, inching closer to her.

"Well, I'm glad," she said, also inching closer.

The gap between the two was tiny. Suddenly, Mike closed the gap and kissed her. She dropped the can on the ground and her hands immediately went to his hair.

The kiss was magical. They both felt sparks. Until (Y/n) pulled away.

"You have a girlfriend," she said under her breath.

"She's back. I can end it with her," Mike said, desperately wanting to kiss her again.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Extremely," Mike said, kissing her again.

-

Mike walked home with a skip in his step, completely forgetting that Eleven and Will were at his house, waiting for him.

He had just spent the whole day with (Y/n), getting to know her more. She made him happy. Happier than Eleven ever made him.

While he was happy, he was also ridden with guilt. He cheated on El. But she didn't have to know that. Right?