fourteen

Will and (Y/n) jumped over a counter and hid behind it, holding their breath. The glass in the windows of the arcade shattered, and there were loud thumps echoing throughout the place.

Footsteps.

(Y/n) quietly pulled the gun out of her pocket. Will shook his head hastily, making sure she doesn't get up. The footsteps got closer to them, and a low growl echoed throughout the building.

The two tried their best to keep their breathing leveled and quiet. One tiny sound could make the monster aware of their location.

The growl got farther away, closer to the door. Well, it wasn't a door anymore. The monster smashed through it when I came in.

The monster stomped out of the building, and the two kids let out breaths they didn't know they were holding in.

"We need to call the others," (Y/n) said, crawling over to Will's backpack, ignoring the shattered glass that was sticking to her knees.

She pulled out his walkie talkie and changed the station to the party's station.

"Mike? Steve? Anyone?" She exclaimed. (Y/n) was panicking, scared for her brother and friends.

"(Y/n)?" Lucas replied.

"I need you guys to come to the arcade. It's urgent. We need to form a plan," she said.

"We can try. Our group is pretty split right now," Lucas said.

"What?" Will interjected, grabbing the walkie talkie from (Y/n).

"Yeah. We separated into two groups. Monsters are all over the town," Lucas said.

"What are the groups?" Will asked.

"Me, Erica, Dustin, Robin, and Nancy. Then there's Mike, Max, El, Jonathan, and Steve," Lucas said.

"Okay, well, get back together and get over here. (Y/n) and I were nearly attacked. We need to stick together," Will said.

"Alright. We're on our way now. Robin is radioing Steve right now," Lucas said.

"See you when you get here," Will said. He placed the walkie talkie on the counter and stood up.

(Y/n) stood up next to him and grabbed his backpack, looking through it.

"Do you have any weapons in here?" She asked.

"You have a gun. I didn't think we'd need anything else," he said.

"Shit," she murmured, sitting back down on the floor. Will sat next to her.

"I know we don't know each other very well, but I'm sorry," Will said.

"Sorry? For what?" She asked with a chuckle.

"For dragging you into all of this. I've been dealing with this upside down bullshit since I was twelve. I finally got away from it, but I didn't know that people still have to deal with it," he rambled.

"It's not your fault," she said.

"I know. It's just... I want everything to be over with this. I'm tired of being in danger. And I think you're a good person. You shouldn't be in danger either," Will said.

"Thanks Will. I think you're a good person too," she said with a smile.

"And I think you and Mike make a great couple. Honestly, El was way too obsessed with him. It was unhealthy," Will explained.

"Thank you. And I agree, she seems crazy," she replied with a laugh.

"Oh, she is sometimes. You haven't even seen the worst of it," Will said.

"Guys?" Lucas called. Their group walked into the arcade, looking around for (Y/n) and Will.

"Over here!" (Y/n) yelled, standing up. Will stood up with her as Lucas' group walked over to the counter.

"Thank god you guys are alright," Will said.

"The others are on their way," Robin said.

"So, what the hell happened here?" Dustin asked. Lucas smacked his arm and motioned his head towards Erica.

"Oh, stop it. I've said way worse things," Erica said with an eye roll.

"Well, when we went to board up the gate, (Y/n) had an episode and fainted. So we brought her here. Then you guys split up or whatever," Will said.

"We know all of that. Get to the point," Erica said.

"She woke up and we were talking, then the temperature dropped. We hid behind the counter when a... thing came in here. It shattered the glass and almost found us," Will said.

"That must be the only one left then. We killed the rest of them. The rest of the town is a madhouse," Nancy said.

"How?" Will asked. (Y/n) normally wasn't this quiet — she was scared.

"People are freaking out. Everyone thought this upside down shit was over," Dustin said.

"Don't we have cops in this town?" (Y/n) asked. Dustin and Luca shared an uneasy look.

"Yeah. The one that believes us is... gone," Nancy said.

"How can they not believe us now? There are monsters everywhere," (Y/n) asked.

"You'd be surprised," Lucas said.

"Guys!" Steve yelled, running inside of the arcade. His group followed them in, and Mike instantly ran to (Y/n)'s side. He pulled her in for a swift kiss and then pulled away, looking at her up and down.

"Are you okay?" Mike asked.

"Yeah. Are you?" She asked.

"Mostly," Mike said with a smile.

"There's still one more monster out there. I think with all of us, together, we can defeat it," Steve said.

"What about El? Doesn't she have powers?" (Y/n) asked, confused as to why Eleven couldn't just rip the monster in half with her mind.

"I don't want to," El said simply.

"What? Why?" (Y/n) asked, annoyed. El shrugged and looked over to Mike.

"Fine. I'll do it myself," (Y/n) said. She grabbed her gun off of the counter and stomped outside, ignoring pleads from everyone for her to come back.