eight

this chapter be like ^

Mike stepped inside of his house only to be ambushed immediately.

Well, with hugs from Will.

"Mike! My god man, I missed you so much! We haven't talked in forever!" Will said happily. Mike smiled and hugged him back. He missed talking to Will.

"I'm glad you're back man," he said.

"Now. Who is she?" Will asked, pulling away from the hug and crossing his arms.

"What?" Mike asked, confused. How did he know about (Y/n)?

"The girl that was here. (H/c), (e/c). You know the one," Will interrogated.

"Oh, that's (Y/n). She's my lab partner. We wanted to work on our project," Mike lied.

"Then why did you lie about El?" Will asked.

"How do you know this?" Mike asked.

"El did the weird astral projection thing into your room," Will said. Mike rolled his eyes.

"I told her not to do that," Mike said.

"Yeah, well you ignored her walkie calls and she got confused," Will said.

"I've been busy. I thought her powers were gone," Mike said coldly.

"I don't think they're fully back, but she's able to move very small things with her mind. It hurts her," Will explained. Mike's heart broke a little when he talked about El being in pain.

"Where is she?" Mike asked.

"Max's house. She's gonna stay there and I'm gonna stay here," Will said. Mike groaned and dropped his backpack on the ground.

"Great," he said sarcastically.

"Go apologize to her!" Will exclaimed, opening the door and shoving Mike outside.

"Will, I-" Will slammed the door in Mike's face, locking it. Mike shook his head and walked down the steps of his house. He really didn't want to face El. Not right now, at least.

He remembered that (Y/n) said she had a show that day. She asked him to go, but he said he had to catch up with his friends.

"Metro Plaza..." Mike mumbled to himself. He speed walked down the street towards the plaza. Metro Plaza was Hawkins' amphitheater, where the bands played and the plays performed.

It was a pretty high-class place. Mike was shocked that (Y/n)'s band could play there, since it was fairly expensive.

Mike pulled the small wad of cash out of his pocket and counted it. Twenty dollars. Should be fine.

After about ten minutes, he found himself waiting in line outside of the building. The line was fairly long but moving quickly.

Once he reached the front and obtained his ticket — twenty two dollars, but the cashier let it slide — he walked into the seating area.

To his shock, the place was packed with all ages. He recognized girls and boys from his school, and even —

"Mr. Clarke?" Mike asked.

"Michael! Funny to see you here. Enjoy the show!" Mr. Clarke, Mike's old science teacher, said as Mike walked past him in shock.

Mike made his way towards the front, but didn't make it up in time. The lights dimmed and the crowd roared.

The lights on the stage flashed on, showing the girls in ready positions.

Mike looked up in awe as the girls started to perform. He watched (Y/n)'s every move, but was mostly focused on the lyrics of the song. They were mesmerizing, like he related to them.

Hello again

Friend of a friend

I knew you when

Our common goal

Was waiting for

The world to end

Mike thought back to when he met El. How they fought the demogorgon together. Waiting for the world to end.

He shook the thought away and slightly bopped his head to the music, tapping his foot to the beat.

Now that the truth

Is just a rule

That you can bend

Mike's eyes widened. Did (Y/n) write this song about him? For him? He was suspicious as to how the lyrics fit him perfectly.

You crack the whip

Shape shift and trick

The past again

Send you my love

On the wire

Lift you up every time

Everyone (ooh, ooh) pulls away

(Ooh ooh, from you!)

(Y/n) had a bass solo after that. Mike was too focused on the lyrics of the song. Not even the sound; the lyrics.

Got balls of steel

Got an automobile

For a minimum wage

Got real-estate

I'm buying it all up in outer space

Now that the truth

Is just

A rule that you can bend

"You crack the whip, shape shift and trick the past again," Mike mumbled to himself.

Send you my love on the wire

Lift you up everytime

Everyone (ooh, ooh) pulls away

(Ooh ooh, from you)

It's a mechanical bull at number one

You'll take a ride from anyone

Everyone wants a ride

Pulls away (ooh, ooh)

From you

Mike snapped out of his trance as the guitar/bass solo between (Y/n) and Bella started. They ran at each other and danced around the stage, whipping their heads back and forth.

Mike laughed to himself at how cute she was, admiring the way she moved.

Once her solo was over, she pushed the hair out of her face and scanned the audience. She found Mike and smiled, waving to him.

"Seems like we have a boyfriend in the audience tonight," Rosie exclaimed once the song was over.

The spotlight went over the audience and eventually landed on Mike. His eyes widened as everyone cheered around him.

"This lovely fellow is the boyfriend of our lovely bassist, (Y/n) Harrington. Everyone give it up for the new couple!" Rosie yelled. The audiences roared as Mike shook his head and ran out of the amphitheater, hoping (Y/n) didn't notice.

But she did. And she was devastated. Had she done something wrong? Was he ashamed of her? So many thoughts went through her head as she faked a smile for the audience and continued to play the show.

Mike leaned against the wall of the theater and put his head in his hands. Impulsively, he let out a frustrated yell and stomped on the ground.

Now everyone knew of Mike as (Y/n)'s boyfriend — not El's boyfriend. The word could easily get around, and if it got to El he'd be dead.

Well, more dead than he already was going to be.