2

I was on my way to work now and was making my way towards the elevator. As I stepped in, a few seconds later a man came in just before the doors could close.

We stood there in silence for a moment and I decided to make small talk for once, he looked like a nice enough guy.

"Hey, you live on the same floor as I do right?"

The guy looked over at me with a confused expression and pointed to himself, as if making sure I was talking to him. A few seconds went by and he nodded.

"Do you know anything about the man who laughs?"

His eyes widened and then he looked down "You've got a complaint?"

"What? No. Look I know this is gonna sound weird but I think he's got a really cool laugh and I just wanna ask him where he learned to laugh like that." I shrugged.

He looked back up at me and smirked "Well I just so happen to know who he is."

Just then, the elevator door opened and we were now in the lobby

"Really? Who?" I asked as we both stepped out of the elevator.

"He's a friend of mine, I can introduce you to him if you'd like." He offered.

"Yeah that'd be cool, thanks."

We were now standing outside of the apartment building.

"No problem. I'll tell him to meet you here at 7:30, if you want?"

"Oh okay, but don't make me sound too weird." I chuckled as I realized wanting to meet a stranger who you've never even seen before just because you liked their laughter, was a bit odd.

"No worries, I'm pretty sure he won't think you're weird at all." The man assured me.

"Okay, well thanks a lot." I waved goodbye as we both went opposite ways on the street.