5

It was new year's eve and your boss had let everyone go home rather early. It was only 2pm when you left your work place. As you made your way through the downtown area, you passed by the carnival that had been set up in the middle of town. It looked like fun, but you didn't have anyone to go with. You didn't have family in Gotham and the friends you had were busy tonight.

When you got back to your apartment building you stopped in the lobby to check for mail. As you made your way towards the elevator you noticed Arthur walk in.

"Hey Arthur" you greeted.

"Oh hey (y/n), happy new year" he smiled "what are your plans for the night?"

"Eh, probably stay in and watch the fireworks from my window, you?" You asked as the two of you walked into the elevator.

"Just stay in and probably do the same." He sighed.

The elevator door opened on your floor and the two of you stepped out.
You both walked over to your apartment doors.

"Well have a good night (y/n)"

"You too"

As you stuck the key into the lock you remembered the carnival.

"Hey Arthur?"

"Yeah?" He took a step back and peaked his head out from his front door, as he had just walked in.

"You know that carnival that they're having downtown?"

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Would you like to go with me tonight?"

A smile immediately appeared on his face
"I'd love to."

A/N: I forgot to upload this on new year's eve oops.