Rescue! (PT.2)

Hey everybody, been a little while hasn't it? I'm pleased to announce that after nearly a year's hiatus, I've managed to kick myself into gear and produce some more chapters for your reading pleasure~ I do so hope that you enjoy!

Time seemed to move at a snails pace for Brandish as he charged towards Raychel. Using his honed senses, he weighed his options as he ran. She was higher tech, bigger and perhaps stronger than he was. A notable disadvantage to be sure but perhaps it didn't have to be so. Every footstep between them felt like an earthquake, every second an eternity as the combatants drew closer. Inch by inch as the deadly charge drew to a deadly clash, millimetre by millimetre as the wind whistled over their streamlined bodies... And then, with an almighty screeching of colliding metal, Brandish ducked low and swept out Raychel's legs from under her; The sheer impact of his leg striking hers simultaneously sending Raychel to the ground and shattering the mechanics of his leg.

Brandish let out a cry of pain as he rolled along the ground, slowly bringing himself up to the one knee that wasn't horribly disfigured as he balanced on his sword for support. Glancing around, he saw the signs that his maneuver had sent Raychel off the building they were battling on, as well as the signs that Beck had gone after her. With a sigh of relief, he fell to his back as whilst shutting his eyes. "That worked better than I intended... Now back to the task at ha-" He was cut off by his internal OS picking up a sonar pulse from the Comms relay. And his heart sank when he saw what the pulse detailed.

"Help." Dr Light read off of his computer screen. He took a sharp intake of breath and nodded to himself, already hearing the footsteps of his creations rushing towards his lab. "Right then... Let's do this right." Light muttered as he sealed his door shut and activated his communication link, wincing as he heard the outraged and worried voices of the Mighty Numbers. "Quiet, Quiet!" He demanded, continuing only when everybody went silent.

"Thank you. Now listen, Sanda and I have already found out which train that pulse came from. It's not making any public commute stops, but it is stopping at one public station for refuelling before it leaves city boundaries." This information spurred Light to pause for a  moment and send out the location of said station. "I want Aviator and Countershade to perform Surveillance on that train, and I want Seismic and Cryosphere to block the tracks. Pyrogen and Battalion will board the train to search for Eli. Dynatron, I want you on crowd control, make sure that nobody interrupts us."

Light gave these instructions with absolute clarity, making sure that he used his creations full names in his businesses-like manner. He wanted his robot back.

It took no time at all for the Mighty Numbers to depart and get into place. The sight of them alone was enough to get the people moving out of the way in awe as they went through. When they made it into the station, they wasted no time in preparing for the train. Avi dropped off Countershade on the roof of the station, letting the sniper prepare a watch on the train.
"ETA, 7 minutes." He reported as he watched the trains approach through his scope. Avi kept himself up on the air as he tried to make contact with the Train's driver.
"It's nothing but radio static, that train's either automated or the driver doesn't like my show!" Aviator reported to everybody as he landed besides Shade.

With the information relayed, the rest of the group set about controlling the crowd. Dynatron released some electrical drones that covered the platform, setting up an electrical field that no human or robot could cross. Cryosphere used her ice blaster to freeze sections of the tracks to disrupt the Mag-Train's connection to the tracks whilst Seismic got into position to catch and stop the Mag-Train when it got there. Meanwhile, Battalion was loading his many weapons and Pyrogen was refuelling his flame jets. Both of the brothers were silent as they made their preparations.

"ETA, 3 minutes." Countershade reported as he loaded his rifle arm. Avi nodded and repeated the information before frantically pointing at the train. For some reason it had sped up its approach. Shade drew the scope away from his face with a grunt of surprise as he activated the coms again. "ETA 45 SECONDS, THE TRAIN HAS SPED UP!" He yelled out as the Mag-Train hurtled past him.
"Roger that! Seismic, get ready!" Pyrogen's voice crackled over the radio as he rose to his feet and got ready for a forceful boarding.

Seismic braced himself as he watched the vehicle hurtle towards him, revving up his tracks to hold it in place when it arrived. Perfectly accurate to Shade's prediction, the train shook and trembled as it roared over the ice, slowing it down a bit so that it didn't hit Mic as hard. It didn't matter though because the Behemoth of a machine caught the Train head on with a roar of determination, struggling to keep it from moving as it slowly pushed his gargantuan frame backwards along the tracks. During this time, Cryosphere tried to use her weapon to freeze the train in place to help Seismic, bit she hadn't had much success.

Whilst all of this was happening, Battalion had blasted open a hole in one of the carts, granting himself and Pyrogen access to the train. The second they made it inside, a shielding system kicked in to seal the hole.
"ENEMY PERIMETER BREACHED! COMMENCING RESCUE OPERATION!" Battalion roared out over the Comms, giving Seismic and Cryosphere the confirmation that they could let the train go. Seismic pushed the train back a little bit before leaping to the side and allowing it to tear out of the station, leaving Pyrogen and Battalion on board.
"Good luck you two..."

Aviator and Countershade arose from their perch and made ready to pursue the train. Shade grabbed onto Avi and allowed his brother to take flight, keeping a close eye watch of the train as they went.

Seismic and Cryosphere got up off of the tracks and joined Dynatron in helping to move the crowds away from the Tracks.

And somewhere further into the city, the battle between Beck and Raychel was still going on.

Regardless, one thing was certain in all of their minds.

Eli was coming home.