He walked on the pavement, on the way to the pharmacy. He pulled the hood of his hoodie and covered his head.

He began humming a tune which his mother used to sing to him when he was younger.

There was someone in a hoodie sitting down on a bench which he normally sat on when he needed to rest or clear his head.

Who was sitting there? People hardly sat there by this time of the night.

He walked up to the bench and sat down. The person beside him now looking at him.

"why do you look familiar?" Taehyung looked up from his hands.

"you're- you're the boy um... Kae- Taehyung. Yeah." he said nodding.

"and you're the exchange student yeah?" Taehyung said with his heart in his mouth.

"yes." an awkward silence was surrounding them.

"what are you doing here by this time of the day?" Taehyung asked fiddling with his fingers.

"nothing actually. I just came to clear my head. The house is too suffocating."

"I get that feeling."

"and you? What are you doing outside?" he finally remembered that he was supposed to get aspirin but as soon as he saw Jungkook, his headache disappeared. It was like Jungkook was some kind of drug that healed his pounding headaches...

"...llo? You there?" Jungkook said snapping his fingers and tapping Taehyung's shoulder.

"huh? Yeah. Just spaced out for a bit. I think I'll get going now. I need to go to the pharmacy before they close."

"wait! Is it okay if I come with you? Like you know I'm new here and I wanna know my way around."

Taehyung thought for a second.

"yeah sure. Stay close though. We don't want you getting lost." Taehyung thought about taking his hand but decided against it.

"let's go."

***

After getting drugs and walking back to the bench, Taehyung sat down to relax his sore feet, sighing in satisfaction.

"tired?" Jungkook asked.

"mhmm. I'm not usually this tired. It might just be the start of a new trimester."

"but you haven't shown me places yet."

"I'm sorry-" Taehyung's phone began to ring, "sorry gimme a sec." he pulled the phone out of his pocket and sliding his hand over the green button, "appa? I'm sorry. I'll be back soon. OK." he said biting his lip and hanging up.

"that was my father. I'm sorry I've got to go."

"when will you show me around?" Jungkook asked folding his arms. Taehyung got up from the seat.

"tomorrow." he said beginning to run, "at eight!" he yelled loud enough for Jungkook to hear him.

"at eight." Jungkook hummed, turning away to go home.

He opened the door to the house, sighing in content as he noticed there was no one waiting up for him. He slowly closed the door and walked towards the staircase.

"where were you young man?"

"dad?"

"yes son. It's me." his father said stepping into the light, "I was worried. You're still new in Korea." his father said placing a hand on his shoulder.

"don't pretend like you care about me." Jungkook said shrugging his hands off his shoulder and walking to his room.

His father sat on the couch, pondering why Jungkook changed so much.

He hit him.

But if he didn't accuse his mother of sleeping around, he wouldn't have. Now he didn't even know who was at fault.

Was it him?

His wife?

Or Jungkook?

***

Or just all of you?

I dunno.

Bai!

'peace out💟