Chapter Six

It was the weekend and Kori wanted to treat her sister to a café and afterwards, head to the park and mall. It was a good opportunity to relax and let lose for a while after the crazy week she had. And it was only the first week! She'll really need to recharge for the upcoming weeks to come.

They entered a trendy and cute cat themed café which was Kisses' choice since her sister likes cats and wishes to have one as pet someday. Their parents don't allow her though because their mom is allergic to cats. Even though they barely visit them from their overseas job they had two years ago, their mom still doesn't want to get all sneezy and teary eyed whenever she comes over. Kisses then would just fill her bedroom with stuffed toy cats instead. Kori on the other hand is a dog person, and dreams of having a mixed Siberian Husky and Corgi one in the future.

The two scanned the menu. It was both their first time here, so they didn't really know what to order.

"Ahh! I'm so excited I can't decide what to order!" Kisses exclaimed. "Can I order everything?"

"Don't be silly, Kisses." Kori smiled.

"I want this one... wait, no. This one... Wait this one, too! I change my mind, this one! Aaahhh!"

"Calm down, why don't you call a server and ask for help," Kori suggested.

Kisses waved her right hand and called the attention of a waiter. Kori felt someone arrive behind her and ask, "Yes, miss? What can I help you with?"

"Can you please suggest me the best food here?" Kisses asked while pouting.

"Well, our best seller is the Meow-melet which is a special cat shaped omelet with fries on the side, paired with Triple Chocolate Sundae with the choice of your toppings, the waiter suggested.

"I'll have the Meow-melet and the sundae, with uhm...marshmallows as toppings!"

"As for me," Kori begun, "I'll have a slice of your Coffee cake and a Coffee Frappe."

"I see you like coffee," the waiter commented.

Kori smiled and turned to face the waiter to agree but it was Sam who she saw. "Sam? You work here?"

Sam just shrugged.

"Is she the guy who made you blush hard last time you came home?" Kisses asked playfully.

"Shut up, Kisses." Kori told her and turned again to Sam, "Don't mind her."

"I'll get your orders now," Sam said and left them.

Few moments later, Sam arrived with their orders and placed them on their table. Kisses immediately dug in and stuffed her mouth.

"Thank You," Kori said.

"If there's nothing more, I'll go now," Sam said coldly. Kori shook her head and he proceeded to go back to his post.

-------------

Sam was now mopping the floor near the restrooms. He was plunging the mop into the bucket and wiping the ground harshly because he was annoyed that Kori once again saw another truth about him. That girl is somehow always crossing paths with her. However, a part of him was relieved because at least, with Kori, he didn't have to keep on pretending anymore. Always having to keep his act could be tiresome for him. At least, with her, he could rest and keep his guard down. At least she sees a true part of him. But, does he really want to be seen? Is he willing to trust her?