Part 8: Hyuuga

After I accepted Hizashi-sans invitation I was lead to his home where Naomi and I were dressed for dinner. Naomi lent me a kimono that she said used to belong to her mother but she hasn't grown into it yet seeing as she is only thirteen. We agreed that she should stop her blindfold training until at least after dinner for the sake of the two of us not completely embarrassing ourselves in front of the clan heads. I however didn't have a choice due to me being practically blind until my eyes recover from training. Naomi told me the kimono was a simple royal blue with a white obi that had a pendent of a feather on it. She also pulled all of my hair back into two elegant buns that she decorated with ribbons and a few pearls. After that she did my make up very simply and painted my lips a dark crimson. I couldn't see her outfit but she assured me it was the same as my own only her kimono is dark purple. 

We took off our shoes and Naomi led me to the table where were to sit. I could sense the other ninja in the room. There was Neji who is just older than Sasuke and Naomi's younger cousin. He had went ahead to dinner to warn the main family that they were bringing a guest. Hizashi was expected to take a seat next to the head of the table beside him. Across from Hizashi I was surprised to find an empty space, beside that empty space sat a woman who I knew to be the Clan heads wife and beside her a child Sasuke's age, Hinata, Naomi had told me before hand. Then of course was the last person. Hiashi the head of the Hyuuga clan sat at the head of the table. "This is Otsutsuki Koharu." Hizashi announced as we stood at the foot of the table. "She is here by personal invite." Hizashi finished and I bowed towards Hiashi. 

"When the boy mentioned the Otsutsuki Clan Head was arriving I prepared a seat beside me as a show that I am honored to have you." Hiashi spoke calmly as Naomi led me to the seat and helped me sit before rounding the table and taking a seat on the other side of Neji. "Thank you, Hiashi-san, I am honored to join you." I spoke as I settled. "May I ask what is wrong with your eyesight?" Hiashi asked as we began the meal and I smiled politely, turning to face his voice. "With the weakening of the seal inside my mind I am gaining abilities almost at random these days. Just today I gained control of a sort of dojutsu that I have only recently discovered. Naomi-chan was training with me when the seal weakened and I experienced something rather odd." I knew that I should be more formal but it is not in my nature to do so and I am would rather be called rude than fake any day. 

"Please tell." Hiashi asked with a tone of interest and curiosity. I knew this was only because he is known to seek powerful allies. "I was able to see into her mind and see myself as she was seeing me." I explained and I could practically feel the longing from the Clan Head as he listened. "However that is when disaster struck and Naomi unknowingly released her Byakugan. I strained my own eyes to the point of near blindness trying to adjust but ultimately failed." Hiashi sighed. "Yes, I have done that myself a few times when training. After dinner I can look at your eyes for you and see if there is anyway to speed your recovery." He offered and I bowed my head a little. "Thank you, Hiashi-san." 

The rest of dinner was more chatter about my abilities though other than my dojutsu I did not feel the need to go into detail. If they cannot help me train those abilities then they don't need to know them. I reasoned with myself. We also got into a conversation about my engagement. "I have heard recently that you have become engaged to the son of the White Fang, Kakashi Hatake, The Copy Cat Ninja." He said and I smiled unconsciously at the thought of my best friend. "Yes, we have been friends since we were children. We fought in the war together and now both serve on the same ANBU squad." I explained and I heard him hum under his breath. "Yes, I remember that. You two were quite the team. I cannot say I am surprised that you are to marry." 

After dinner I said goodbye to Hizashi, Neji, and Naomi, before following Hiashi to his study. He had me take a seat while he dimmed the room and removed my blindfold. When I opened my eyes I instantly felt an ache form but they luckily did not have to focus on anything as it so dark and that kept the pain to a minimum. Hiashi hummed under his breath as he observed my eyes before handing me my blindfold. "I can have Hinata and Neji bring you some poultices in the morning. Use them on your eyes tomorrow night and you should be able to see clearly in the morning the next day." He said and I nodded. "Thank you." I said and he only waved me off, judging by the sound of air moving, which I am getting pretty good at understanding. "It is an honor to help you. Many Clan's are hoping to ally themselves with you and others are more afraid of your abilities. I would like you to remember which side the Hyuuga Clan lies on that line." He informed and I nodded. 

With a bow, I bid him goodnight and made my way out of the compound. The entire walk home I thought about what Hiashi said. The Clans are drawing lines in the dirt when it comes to supporting me. This is worrying news. After the Hokage expressed his support, therefore aligning me with the Senju Clan, I expected the other to fall in line, out of fear if not anything but if they are more afraid of me having power then I'm still a target.