Part 9: Naruto Uzumaki

"Sorry, sorry, sorry." I looked up from my place on the ground to see the spitting image of my late sensei looking down at me. I had been walking towards the Uchiha compound to see if anyone was free to train, seeing as Fugaku made it clear that I am welcome to train with them at any time. That was until I was knocked down by a small child who was running full speed ahead. "Naruto.." I said after a few minutes and felt despair and regret fill me up. I had been avoiding him on the Hokage's orders since he was born but seeing him right now is making me wonder if I was doing it for more selfish reasons. "Why are you running?" I asked as he tried his best to help me up, which is adorable by the way. "I was playing and some kids took my ball. When I asked for it back they started throwing rocks at me so I started running from them and I think they are still following me." He said quickly. "I didn't do anything wrong I swear! Believe it!" He said and I couldn't help but smile at his little vocal tick. 

"Where are these kids huh?" I asked taking his hand in mine. He looked confused but took my hand willingly and pointed them out to me. I could see them approaching at a run though they began to slow down when they saw me. I recognized one of them as a Uchiha and the other two as some shinobi likely from less prominent clans. I addressed the Uchiha boy who seemed to be leading the group. "What is going on here?" I asked and he smirked. "That..thing was harassing us while we were playing ball."  He defended as if that would make this any better. "How old are you boys?" I asked after a few minutes and they all looked at their feet, realizing they were about to get a verbal lashing. "10." The Uchiha boy finally said and I looked down at the toddler beside me. "And you think it's okay to pick on a four year old?" I asked and he shrugged. "But he's the kid who has the-" "Do you wan to run that by me again?" I demanded and he looked down ashamed. 

"Naruto is a kid just like you. If you are going to be a shinobi you need to learn to respect other no matter the back ground they come from. Who knows, little Naruto could be the Hokage some day." I said as I looked down at the child hiding behind my legs. He was giving me a look of pure awe with his big blue eyes. "Now, why don't you go tell Fugaku-san that I will not be joining him for tea later. If I ever see you so much as look at another child with ill intent from now on, I will be having a word with my friend." I said and watched as he visibly paled before giving me a quick bow and running off towards the Uchiha compound with his friends in tow. Calling Fugaku a friend was a little bit of a lie but Mikoto is my friend and they are married so I'm sure he wont mind if word somehow gets to him that I said that. 

"Now, tell me Naruto do you like ramen?" I asked as I looked down at the little boy hanging off my leg. He suddenly had a bright grin on his face. "Ramen is my favorite, believe it!" I laughed and reached down so he could climb onto my shoulders. "I was supposed to be training today but I think I would rather spend the day with you if you don't mind." I said as he happily climbed onto my shoulders and I stood with ease. "What's your name?" He asked as he played with my two buns I had pulled my hair into. "Well I have a lot of names." I said as we reached my favorite ramen stand, Ichiraku's. "How can someone have more than one name?" He asked as I placed him in a seat beside me. I ordered quickly and so did Naruto before answering his question. 

"The Hokage has many names doesn't he?" I asked and he looked a little lost so I clarified, "Well some people call him the Hokage, other's call him The Third since he's the Third Hokage, and some people, only four that I know of, call him Sarutobi-sensei or Hiruzen-sensei." I said and he nodded for a second. "Not to mention his real name is Sarutobi Hiruzen." I added and he looked a little confused for a second. "So all powerful ninja have lot's of names?" He asked and I shrugged. "Not all of them do but most have at least two." I said and he nodded enthusiastically. "How many do you have?" He asked. "Three. Hisakawa Asa is what most people know me by in the village. In the Bingo book I'm called Konoha's Blue Bolt. Recently though people have started calling me Otsutsuki Koharu which is apparently my real name." I said and he nodded. "So what do I call you?" He asked and I just smiled. "You can call me whatever you want, Naruto." Soon we were distracted by our food and ate quickly. I was surprised that Naruto managed to eat two bowls but was happy to pay for it. 

After we left Ichiraku I asked Naruto if he wanted to go to the training grounds with me. He was much more excited than I thought he would be. "What does your family call you?" Naruto asked as we walked along. I shrugged. "I don't really have any family Naruto. I was an orphan just like you. We have a lot of things in common actually." I said sadly and he nodded along. "I do have some really great friends though and I consider a few of them family. I have Jiraiya who is like an uncle to me, Mikoto who is like an older sister or aunt, and Kakashi." I said with a fond smile. He should be home any day now seeing as it has been just over a week since he left. The Clan head meeting is actually in about three days and I hope he is back for that. Fugaku told me that having someone like him, respectable as he put it, would make me look even more down to earth to the other clan heads. 

"Who is Kakashi?" He asked as we arrived to the training ground. "He's my best friend and-""Her fiance." I turned around to see a familiar silver haired ninja standing behind us. I couldn't stop myself from throwing my arms around him. He hugged me back and placed a kiss on my lips discretely. "What is a fiance?" Naruto asked as we pulled apart. "It means we are going to get married." Kakashi answered for me again. "Naruto as you can see this is Kakashi. He's been gone for a while, do you think we can train tomorrow instead?" I asked instantly feeling guilty when his little face dropped. "I guess so." I thought for a second, "Actually how about I show you both something really cool before we go?" I asked and he nodded. 

"Yin Release: Seeds Of Life Jutsu." I called and suddenly a little seed appeared in my hand. Kakashi and Naruto watched as I bent down and placed the seed in the dirt below me and covered it before making another hand sign. "Yang Release: Flower Style Justu" and from the little seed that I had just planted grew a large sunflower. I used a kunai to cut the step and gave the flower to Naruto. "It reminds me of you." I said and he looked at it for a second before looked back at me with a grin. "Because of my hair?" He asked and I smiled. "Yes, and because sunflowers are one of the toughest flowers out there. When they can't see the sun they have been known to face each other. Just like I said earlier, Naruto, you and I are a lot alike. When you can't see the sun all you have to do is look at me." I said and he suddenly burst into tears and threw himself into my arms. "Thank you, Sunflower-chan." He said and I laughed.