Chapter 1-Home Sweet Outpost

After Izuku had been extracted from UA, his quirk hunted for a secluded spot to properly build an inconspicuous shelter. The hazy spot from US had doubled, both in amount, and clarity. Izuku was still out cold from shock, however. The quirk set about making a solar panel generator, while searching for a good "house". Eventually, it found one. An old, abandoned alleyway with low roofs on either side and a collection of dumpsters. Equipped with a stolen welding torch, the quirk got to work.

Several minutes passed, and Izuku woke up. He saw his quirk busily melding 3 dumpsters together into a ramshackle house. With nothing to do, he sat and watched for a while.

It took in total 3 hours for Izuku's quirk to assemble it's shelter. It pulled Izuku inside. Then it looked over the trash that was from the dumpsters. It found 4 rolls of semi-rotten cloth, a sandwich as hard as rocks, a dead racoon, 77 Pokemon cards, a computer chip, 2 screen protectors, 473 apple cores, a tattered bag, a huge rock, and 3 very damaged shopping baskets. The quirk took what it could use from the heap. The cloth it used to make a sad excuse of a hammock for Izuku to rest in, it got about 3 apples worth of food from the apple cores, it kept the baskets for storage, the bag for a satchel, and the computer chip just in case. It left the other items outside the makeshift house, not deeming them very helpful for the time being. But Izuku insisted on keeping the racoon's tail, insisting it was soft and comfy. The quirk relented. Meanwhile, the hazy patches were gone. At one point there were a total of 4, however. With the initial work done, the Quirk tucked izuku into bed in his hammock, and watched through the night for danger.

Izuku's Quirks:

Black Blood- Izuku's original quirk. But default, it changes the nature of Izuku's blood, making it semi-toxic, and able to expand rapidly, as well as staunch light wounds. The experiments unintentionally gave it self awareness, and it acts as Izuku's older brother. It also knows far more than Izuku. It also can tunnel through the ground very rapidly.

Crystal Hands- The only quirk Izuku was intended to get from the experiments. Izuku can create up to 4 hands of pure crystal. Each hand levitates, can fire moderately powerful lasers, and can change shape to do several things, such as cover Izuku's hands and feet for armor.

Healing Factor, Iron Muscle, Swollen Muscles- Some simple bonus quirks Izuku gained from unintended side effects of the experiment.

Shockwave- A more powerful unintended quirk. Izuku can send circular waves through the ground in a direction to hit faraway targets. The shockwaves also can blind opponents for a moment.

Izuku had no control over his Shockwave or Crystal Hands when he got his new house. They wouldn't go off at random, or ever. He didn't quite know how to use them. But he practiced. In between sessions of robbing a faraway farmer's market every few weeks for food, Izuku spent lots of time training for UA, or any other hero school if he failed to get in. He wanted to be a great hero so nobody had to live his nightmare for themselves.

After an especially rough day, Izuku was sitting and talking to his quirk. "You need name." He said simply.

"And you need to learn to speak in full sentences." His quirk replied, not amused. Izuku just pouted in response.

"Name first." He eventually said, crossing his arms as seriously as he could. His quirk only sighed.

"Fine. How about Sharanga?" It decided.

"Sha-ga. Ok!" Izuku said, looking very proud of himself .

"I'm gonna flip my shit from a few more weeks of this..." The quirk, now deemed Sharanga, said. "Guess there is nobody else. I'll have to try and teach you..." Sharanga said, seemingly exhausted by the idea alone.

"You teach speak?" Izuku tilted his head sideways, curious . Sharanga nodded. They began that day, and spent most of Izuku's free time studying in a fairly far away library, teaching Izuku all the Math, Speech, and Science he missed, prioritizing the more major subjects over English, History, and Literature. Izuku did learn to read fairly quickly, however. Of course, nothing calm will remain that way.

Izuku tolerated a lot. He didn't have the best living conditions, but he had Sharanga with him. He had no friends, but he also had no enemies, besides the market people. However, trouble is bound to happen in a ghost town. One night while Izuku slept a pair of scavengers came to his alleyway. The house was a new sight, so they tried to check it out. Key word, tried. Sharanga impaled one before they were even a third of the way to the house. The other turned tail and booked it, bleeding from several light flesh wounds. Sharanga sighed. It was not guaranteed, but it was likely that man would get someone to deal with Izuku. Sharanga hunkered down and stayed watchful.

For two nights, nothing showed up. And then, Sharanga relaxed, deciding that no danger was coming. It's primary objective was still to protect Izuku, but it wasn't as active. Some time passed, and Izuku stayed well defended, seldom leaving the small alleyway. But one night, everything was turned on its head.

A pair of lost tourists were outside the alley when a sharp cry rung out.

"Help! Someone! Help me!" A small girl was running away from a tall, lanky man with a plague doctor mask . At the same time, Izuku was leaving the house to look at the moon for a while to sooth his boredom. He turned to where the tourists were. The man caught the girl, and started making what Izuku thought were sketchy explanations for the scars covering the girl's arms and what Sharanga called BS. The girl broke free of the man as the tourists left, and saw Izuku. Chili's eyes widened as she barreled towards him, but Sharanga struck at the man chasing her, launching him into the wall at a high speed. It hissed. "What is it you've done to the girl? No lies, I will know." With that statement, it grabbed the man by his neck and held him up .

"And what will you do to me?" The man replied smugly, despite the situation . Then he touched Sharanga. Sharanga was suddenly blown apart. Izuku winced, and the man laughed. "Shouldn't have played the hero, boy." He took one step, then another . "Overhaul. Remember than name, because it will be the last one you hear!" He took a third step. Izuku scrambled bavkwards, and the girl ran behind him. Overhaul took his fourth step. And then Sharanga reassembled and cut his legs off.

"Four. Sounds like the Chinese word for death. Fitting. That's as far as you could go." Before Overhaul could move again, Sharanga struck, pinning his arms down, breaking them. "It is inadvisable to retaliate. You are going to die, just know that. None may threaten my charge. " Overhaul used his quirk in a last ditch effort to escape, but Sharanga impaled hIs head before he could do any damage. Then it frisked his pockets, while Izuku talked to the girl, who was several years younger than him. Sharanga came up with a cell phone, which it destroyed, saving some parts, as well as a wallet with some money, and Overhaul's ID. It took the mask as well, deeming it possibly useful. But while it's task was straightforward, Izuku was not having the same luck talking to the girl. It didn't help that his vocabulary was lacking. And she was clearly very young, barely able to understand what he tried to say.

And just to add icing to the cake of misfortune, the tourists had come back, realizing they were lost, and saw Sharanga kill Overhaul. They did not see the girl, and assumed she had been eaten or something. They ran off, cellphones already in hand.