Chapter 2.5- Eri's Birthday Bash

All was quiet when Izuku awoke the next morning. " Eri must still be asleep." He thought. He turned to affirm this. To his side Eri was curled up, snoring softly. "Guess I have some time to prepare..."

...

When Eri woke up the following morning, she was... Confused. Colorful papers were stuck haphazardly to the interior of the small home, and Izuku was holding a small cake that was... On fire? Upon closer examination she realized it was covered in candles, and was even more confused.

"Izu? What's going on...?" She asked, uncertain.

"This is your makeup birthday party!" Izuku said giddily. "I spent all night with Sharanga getting things for it. Do you like it?"

Eri's eyes had already lit up with ecstasy at the word "party", and she didn't actually hear the end of the question. Regardless, she flung herself at Izuku and wrapped him in the biggest hug she could give. "I love it Izu! You're the best big brother!"

It took Izuku 20 minutes to detach Eri from him torso, with Sharanga's help. But seeing Eri so happy was worth every second.

"Come on now. Do you want your cake first, or your gift?" Izuku asked.

"What's a gift?" Eri asked.

Izuku thought of a good way to explain, considering his idea of a gift was rough enough. He settled on "A gift is something you give a person that you think they will like. Like when Sharanga gave me a flag for my 9th birthday. That's a gift." He nodded, going with it.

Eri nodded too, understanding. "So this party is a gift! And you were a gift!"

"I guess so." Said Izuku, beaming. "And you were like a gift to me. Now, are you hungry?"

Eri nodded.

"Then I'll cut the cake for you right now." Izuku said. Sharanga covered his arm in a sword shape, and he gently cut the cake into 4 pieces.

"1 for Sharanga, 1 for me, and 2 for you." Izuku said. Eri was just watching in amazement.

"Don't forget to blow out your candles." Izuku said. "And make a wish. It might come true."

Eri took a deep breath and blew. The candles did not go out. She pouted.

"Try again. You get as many tries as you need." Izuku gave her another big smile.

After 3 more tries, Eri got all the candles blown out. "Yay! Now, I wish I get to stay with big brother Izu forever!" She said, excitedly.

They ate cake in relative quiet. Eri devoured both slices fervently, while Izuku attempted to savor his, despite the stomachache from Sharanga eating it's piece in under a second. When Eri was done, Izuku put down the rest of his piece and asked "Do you wanna open your gift now?"

Eri smiled. "Ok!"

Izuku produced the small, wrapped box from seemingly nowhere. (In reality, it was hidden in his waist by Sharanga.) He gave it to Eri, who quickly tore it open. Inside she found...

"What are these?" She poked one of the several objects inside.

"I didn't know what kind of toy you would want to play with, so Sharanga and I just got a lot of different ones. There is a toy car, a small rubber ball, some building bricks, and a stuffed bunny. I hope you like them!" Eri had a face of pure bliss. "So cool! So shiny! So soft! I love them!" Can I play with them now?" She asked, with puppy eyes.

"Go ahead. Play all you want." Izuku gave her a soft, contented smile on return.

"I wish she would stay this small and happy forever..." He thought to himself.