Chapter 3- The Day Things Fell As One

After Eri's party, Izuku fervently practiced getting his other quirks to work again. He intended to have a handle on them in 3 years, but they were foreign in nature, so it would take some convincing. The first week, the first month, the first year, nothing worked. He tried eating different foods, standing in bizarre positions that Eri found absolutely hilarious, saying funny words, but nothing worked. Then, he took a walk. And on this walk, Sharanga heard a sizable explosion.

Izuku raised an eyebrow as Sharanga told him, before he redirected and bolted towards the source. He didn't know anything that would just combust in the middle of the city. And people could be hurt. He had to make sure no threats were walking around, they could reach Eri...

He was not expecting to see a vaguely familiar blond screaming in either panic or rage, engulfed in slime. He did, however, see Death Arms, and immediately pulled back. Sharanga also noticed Kamui Woods, but said nothing. Izuku was rapidly thinking a very stupid plan. He pulled a dirty scary over his head like a cowl to hide his face from the heros. But the presence of Death Arms meant he couldn't have Sharanga help him...

He grabbed a rock and ran.

-Bakugo POV-

-10 minutes prior-

Bakugo was mad. No, he was always mad. But today he was angrier than usual. He had missed a point on a math test, and was appalled that someone outscored him. After torching their face, cloths, desk, test, bag, and arms to a... Severe mess... He was stomping around ranting to his cronies. In rage, he punted a carelessly dropped bottle of some disgusting ooze. He was a strong hitter, and the cap came off.

Of course, Bakugo wasn't concerned with making a mess. Why should he be? He was great, amazing, and so much more important than anyone else in the whole stupid city.

This outlook took a quick 180 when a slimy tendril grabbed him from behind and engulfed him before he could blink. He did his only reaction to anything, ever. He exploded everything near him, starting fires, burning his cronies, and tickling the slime holding onto him.

He could vaguely make out the growing crowd, heros standing around looking afraid, Backdraft trying to handle his collateral damage, and... A familiar face? No, it was gone. And then a rock hit next to his head.

-Izuku POV-
-5 seconds prior-

Izuku threw the rock as hard as he could, discreetly using Sharanga for a higher impact. It had the desired effect, a distraction. He ran in while the slime wasn't moving and tried to grab the angry blond, ignoring the scorch marks his arms received from explosions. And then, it just clicked.

4 semi-transparent blue diamond hands appeared around him and grabbed onto the slime as well. The slime lashed out at Izuku, but a sudden laser blocked it. And then an explosion of light came from under it. The blond was roughly pulled from he distracted slime, and without further warning...

"SMASH!"

Izuku was caught in the blast and was sent tumbling around, while a strong hand caught his wrist. When he landed, he was not scolded by the heros for his actions, because Sharanga decided to run before his face was seen. The cowl had been knocked off by the wind. And luckily, neither the heros, nor the news filmers had seen him. He felt a sense of accomplishment, and then realized. His quirks had finally activated. Both of them! And they seemed decently strong. He had to practice with them when he got home. But more importantly, he was waiting for Eri's quirk. He hoped that she had one, but was decently sure she did. It was just late.

He got back home, and Eri went to high him, before pulling back.

"What's wrong?" Izuku was concerned.

Eri pointed at something. Izuku tried to figure out what it was. A puddle of molten metal, and liquid paint... The ingredients of rubber... It was odd.

"What happened?" He asked, very confused. Was this Eri's quirk? It seemed odd.

"I just touched the car... And then it became all gooey... I don't want you to be gooey!" Eri wailed in distress.

Izuku hugged her close. "It's your quirk, Eri. I think you made it go back in time, or something... Don't worry. It shouldn't go off at random again." He pet her hair tenderly, and calmly. Eri cheered up quickly.

"R-really? It won't do it again? Are you sure, Izu?" She looked scared still. Izuku nodded. Then he changed the topic to something less scary. "Guess what? My quirks all came in today, too!"

Eri's eyes lit up in excitement. "Ooh! Big brother's quirks? Can I see?"

Izuku smiled, and focused. The hands from earlier appeared. One pat Eri on the head, the other three looked around for things that seemed out of the ordinary.

Eri was fascinated by the display, and clapped energeticly. "So cool! Izu has an amazing quirk!" She squealed. After her excitement buzz wore off, Izuku went out in front of the house again. He looked at his hand, and summoned the hands again.

"I'm positive one shot a laser... Is there more to this quirk? And I swear I felt 2..."

"You did." Sharanga affirmed. "One came from the ground when you stomped. Try that again."

Izuku stomped. Nothing happened.

"Maybe I need a target?" He wondered. He turned his attention to a trash bag, down a bit. He stomped, and a small circle of light appeared. Then another, and another, growing in size until they appeared below the bag, where they exploded, sending the bag high into the air, and lightly scorching it.

"So it does. Are the hands the same way?" He thought. Then one hand blasted without warning, making an indent in the ground.

"Nope. But all I did was think about shooting one..." Another hand fired, burning a hole in a stray bit of trash.

"So that's the cue... That's kinda dangerous. If I dream about using this quirk, it could go off... I could hurt Eri!" Izuku panicked.

"No. The hands require you to be awake, and above ground." Sharanga said.

"That's a relief..." Izuku let out his anxious breath.

"We should train. I need to know, also. As I am a quirk, can I also use your quirks, or not? We would be untouchable if I could use them if you get knocked out." Sharanga wondered out loud. Izuku nodded. "Yes, we should find out. Try now. The shockwave is easier, I think."

Sharanga manifested a leg...? And stomped. It did hurt Izuku's foot when it caught him in the attack, but a notably weaker, yet functional shockwave traveled out to blast a discarded TV remote.

"That's... Amazing. Can we use quirks at the same time? I don't know if it would work well with shockwave, but it might work with the hands, maybe making more hands. Or maybe we could use quirks at the same time, so that I don't have to waste energy sending shockwaves while I use the hands, or maybe..." He trailed off, yawning.

"Or maybe, we talk about quirk stuff when we wake up tomorrow. And help Eri harness hers as well. It is too strong to not help her learn to control it." Sharanga sighed. "Come on now, you're exhausted." He pulled the half asleep Izuku inside and set him down on the bed, next to Eri. "So, I can use his quirks... Interesting." Sharanga settled down, going on watch through the window. "That's bound to be handy..."