hep kalbimdesin part 2

Sanem

Was I dreaming?

I had to be and if I was, I never wanted to wake up. He was gently setting me down on my feet, my body brushing against his on the way down.

"Are you okay?"

I nodded, afraid to breathe lest he disappear. He lifted his hand and his index finger traced a droplet of water on my lower lip. His eyes were transfixed by what he was doing and I felt his short puffs of breath on my mouth. I touched his finger with the tip of my tongue and he closed his eyes on a sigh. I had missed him so much but my paltry memories had done him no justice. The reality, the beauty of him was so overpowering. His lips were just a tempting hair's breadth away from mine, his thick spiky lashes made wet crescents on his cheeks when he closed his eyes and the sight made my heart turn over. I cupped his face tentatively and when dream Can didn't rebuff my advances I grew bolder in my caresses. I ran my hands down his neck and over his broad shoulders. The need to kiss him was almost a biological imperative.

Well, I thought, this was my dream so why not? I leaned up on my toes and pressed my mouth to his. We both groaned in relief when our parted lips met and his tongue swept over mine. The kiss was a hungry and desperate teeth clashing one. The fire that burned between us was even more tumultuous for being denied for so long. I pressed my body to him and one of his hands cupped the back of my head and twined in my wet hair to hold me still, to possess my mouth. His other hand skimmed down my arm, grabbed my backside and roughly pushed my hips into his hardness. I moaned helplessly against his mouth and his head snapped up. I felt his body go rigid in my arms. I pulled back to see the passion in his eyes slowly extinguished. He let go of me abruptly and staggered back several steps, putting a healthy distance between us.

Not a dream, then.

He was here. In the flesh. Looking devastatingly gorgeous and also very clearly wishing himself a thousand miles from where I was.

I missed you

We stared at each other and the words settled around us as if we had both spoken.

"Sorry, I didn't mean for that to happen," he muttered. "I saw you go under..." his eyes darted away.

"I'm not sorry," I said softly.

Please look at me

"I didn't know the house was occupied," he said frowning. His hands reaching for his stones in his pocket but not finding them. Now I knew he was agitated.

"How are you?" I asked.

"The photographer got sick and Deren asked me to take over. Or I wouldn't have come." He said at the exact same time.

My heart fell to my feet.

"Oh," I said and looked away. He wouldn't have come if he'd known I'd be here, in other words. I knew this but hearing it was something else altogether.

I battled for control and raised my eyes to his and I caught him staring at me. I was arrested by the look on his face. It was sheer unvarnished longing. A yearning so pure it took my breath away. But he quickly concealed it and looked away again.

"Your sisters are doing well?"

"Yes, very well, thank you and your family?"

He looked up sharply at my question.

"They are fine," he said almost grudgingly. No doubt remembering my insults not so long ago.

He looked over my shoulder at the house and then murmured a farewell that I couldn't hear over the thumping of my heart.