itiraf zamanı part 1

Sanem

My best-laid plans went up in flames as soon as I laid eyes on my mother. I, who prided myself in being cold, unemotional and logical was, at the moment, a red-faced, fist clenched emotional mess.

"How could you?" I stormed into her office mindless with fury. She could have gone after me but instead, she chose an innocent man. My man. And his pain was my pain. My anger was a living entity sweeping in front of me, needing to devour everything in its path.

"Where are your manners?" She chided and then her eyes swept over my strappy dress and sneaker combo and she grimaced. "You seem to be lost to all propriety and decency lately, and you look like a hobo."

"You will fix what you have broken or so help me God. Your fight is with me not him," I seethed.

"I have no idea what you're ranting about, child."

I forced myself to loosen my clenched fists and I attempted to think clearly. I was playing with a master and I had to have my wits about me but I couldn't think. All my pragmatism had deserted me and my mind was a seething vivid red. I wanted to breathe fire.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about. You destroyed an innocent man's reputation to get back at me for defying you."

She went back to typing on her computer. Before I could jump over the desk and strangle her. She looked up at me and raised a brow.

"You must be referring to that distasteful business with the stolen photos. I tried to warn you. Bad blood will out, after all."

"You. Will. Fix. This." I gritted out.

"I don't see why I should. I had nothing to do with it." She gazed at me for a long moment. "However, I may be willing to exert my considerable influence provided that you make some concessions."

"Such as?" I asked but I already knew.

"You will give up this absurd plan of leaving the company and you will break any and all contact with that man. You will also proceed with your engagement as planned. "

"I would rather die, " I said vehemently.

She shrugged. "Then don't worry. I'm sure your friend will be fine. There's always a high demand for photographers at birthday parties and weddings."

Before I realized what I was doing, a priceless vase was lying in pieces on the other side of the room. At the same time, the door opened and Leyla ran in.

She hugged me tightly. "Oh, Sanem! What are you doing?" She whispered for my ears only. And then she said in a louder voice, "oh no you've hurt yourself, why don't I bandage that for you." She was literally dragging me out of the room.

"Think carefully about my offer," I heard before the door closed with a soft click.

****
"Why didn't you tell me you were coming home?

"That's not important right now, " she waved me off. "What's important is that I'm not even gone that long and I come home and find my cold, unemotional sister throwing vases! And she has apparently left home to live in sin with a man!" She said in mock horror. She sat on her bed next to me holding my uninjured hand.

"I'm not living with him." I wish I was.

"But you're together? Mother seems to think so," she said. I haltingly related everything that has happened since she left.

"You're in love with him," she said in wonder. "But I thought you hated him? Although I always suspected you were secretly attracted to him. And it was pretty obvious he was attracted to you."